News Breakfast

Should the ABC relocate production of Breakfast to Sydney for the time being?
Save a bunch of crew and producers and presenters having to come into the studio each morning.

No need to. The team are used to it since there are producers who work from the Newsroom at 1am to get prepared for News Breakfast, either way there’s more than enough crew to assist, and if something bad happened, PK could head to the studio instead of filming at home. The ABC would get criticize for being too Sydney centric if it got moved. Either way The World and 11pm news have all relocated to Sydney for the time being due to the COVID curfew. I understand your point though, at the very worst it could come handy but I don’t think so for now.

1 Like

No ABC News Breakfast for PM; nice phot though.

1 Like

When’s the last time he was on News Breakfast? I feel like he does a pretty regular rotation of breakfast TV shows, no?

2 Likes

28th Feb for News Breakfast, seems to appear on Sunrise/Today about every 4 weeks on average. Rowland has a point.

All dates and transcripts available here.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media

6 Likes

Congratulations to Johanna on the safe arrival of baby Henry on Tuesday this week,it was mentioned on Weekend Breakfast this morning.

Screenshot_20200816-163207~2 Screenshot_20200816-163308~2

6 Likes

Michael will be happy.

2 Likes

Finally. About time.

2 Likes

Today masks a year since Lisa joined the program.

4 Likes
2 Likes

PM was doing the rounds this morning also appearing on Sunrise, Today,Studio 10.

1 Like

Yes, he normally just does Sunrise and Today every month or so and Studio 10 every other time. First time in six months on News Breakfast.

Interesting, I wonder if morning TV has the issue of turn off like evenings do when the PM comes on. Chances are the commercials don’t want him appearing too often or for too long while News Breakfast would probably happily take him once a week.

2 Likes

His departmental might not be aware of the audience reach News Breakfast has at the moment.

Oh I reckon they’d be acutely aware of who’s watches wash programme. Be interesting to go through the transcripts and see if he tailors answers differently.

Screenshot_20200820-102331~2

5 Likes

Great to see them do something different.

They did well to get ~700 viewers.

1 Like

Wednesday 26 August-

Madeleine Morris is hosting with Lisa this morning.

Screenshot_20200826-070006~2

EDIT-
Georgie Tunny is presenting sport this morning.

5 Likes

Thursday 27 August and Friday 28 August

Madeleine Morris is filling in for Lisa who is on leave.

4 Likes

Lorna Dunkley will be hosting Weekend Breakfast with Kathryn Robinson this weekend.

4 Likes

Whomever hosted last weekend with Kathryn was terrible and couldn’t adlib at all.