News Breakfast

Im not sure, I just suggested the name change should be siplified to ‘Breakfast’.

Wouldn’t the name be confused with BBC Breakfast and Breakfast on TVNZ 1 in NZ?

They don’t broadcast here so no it wouldn’t be

9 Likes

Better change the name of Today and 60 Minutes too.

2 Likes

I know they don’t broadcast in Aussie, however there would still be confusion if there was for Example, “BBC Breakfast, 1 Breakfast (TVNZ) and ABC Breakfast” plus as @SydneyCityTV Stated, ABC News Breakfast Prides it self on delivering the News, not giving away a Holiday For-two to Rarotonga or Hawai’i. But Meh, it is just my veiw.

The only place those 3 shows will ever be in the same sentence is on this very website though.

9 Likes

Has there ever any confusion between BBC Breakfast and TVNZ Breakfast? Why would adding ABC Breakfast to the mix suddenly tip us into confusion?

2 Likes

Ten let the trademark applications lapse.

2 Likes

Quite True. :joy:

Er…Magic. Kiwi Logic right there, Nah I was mainly aiming at the point that “Breakfast” is seen as a more relaxed brand like Sunrise what ever they have on Ten nowadays, or Today, whereas “News Breakfast” sounds a bit more…ABCish?

That’s actually what I was calling it until I realised it was ABC News Breakfast. I wonder how this will apply to the new logo as the Classic ABC logo is acting as a word itself in the rebrand. Will it just say News Breakfast?

If any part of the News Breakfast look is different on Monday, it’ll probably be the colour scheme (more warm orange and yellow, etc.) because blue and black is far too dark for the first thing in the morning IMO!

Otherwise, I’d probably expect very similar graphics to the rest of ABC News including “(ABC Logo) NEWS BREAKFAST” as the logo. Music wise, perhaps a version of the ABC News theme which has a slightly lighter sound compared to the main news theme, but one which is serious enough that wouldn’t sound too “happy” when you have things like the crisis in Syria leading the headlines.

4 Likes

Perhaps the colour palette could be inverted, so there’s more white for the background, black for the logo, and blue for the rest? I do wonder if News Breakfast will get a completely different colour palette with lighter daytime colours like you said, with warm colours like orange and yellow, but this time around, the colours are now coded for different events, with orange for developing stories and yellow for the indication of ‘LIVE’ and current warnings. A lighter theme does sound like a good idea, where it could contain more of the lighter parts of the new theme, than the more serious sounding instruments, if that makes any sense. I will miss that drum instrument at the beginning of News Breakfast. :sleepy:

Logo will probably as you have described it, but I wonder if they’ll use a lighter font for ‘Breakfast’ given the programs type (morning/daytime program and lighthearted).

1 Like

Would love to see News Breakfast be blue and white and be daring enough to stay away from the yellow / orange that breakfast TV seems to always bring about.

1 Like

Blue and White seems like the best colour palette for News Breakfast given its format being a Morning News Bulletin, with black being reserved for the logo and for other bulletins. Black and White is already a bold choice for the On-Air Presentation, and I’d think they wouldn’t want to make any inconsistencies, and keep it all same. After all, that has been a big highlight of the rebrand; the creation of the ‘oneABC’ brand identity to work across all services and platforms, and the merging of services under the one name banner of ABC News.

1 Like
3 Likes

ENHANCE! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I pray they don’t butcher the new theme and look. What they’ve got going now has stood the test of time and really could have lasted them another few years.

8 Likes

On the Twitter page:

5 Likes

6 Likes