News Breakfast

Monday (22.05.2023) - Wednesday (24.05.2023): Catherine Murphy on sport.

2 Likes

Michael Rowland is apparently taking a long break from the show and will be back at the end of June.

5 Likes

And what a crock of shit the announcement was.

Thanking everyone, the audience and team members etc. Making it sound permanent when he is back in 6 weeks.

Why do that?

1 Like
3 Likes

Annual leave or Long Service, give us the facts MR not the cryptic bullshit. It’s like he was wanting to fuel the fire.

1 Like

News Breakfast started to phase out News Corp and Nine journalists for the daily paper review segment over a year ago now. With the ABC’s criticism of their coverage on matters concerning the network, I think they don’t use any of those journalists now. Instead, they have been opting for community leaders in a range of fields.

One recent addition to the rotation is infectious diseases expert Sanjaya Senanayake. He was on today. Every time, he looks uncomfortable expressing his opinion on matters not concerning health matters. Quite a few times he has said, “I’m not an expert on this…” or he tries to skew the story to a health context. I don’t know- not having journalists on has turned this more into a hot topics segment than a paper ‘review’ segment. Perhaps they should just drop the segment entirely?

2 Likes

Thursday (25.05.2023)- Friday (26.05.2023): Madeleine Morris co-hosting with Lisa. Catherine Murphy still doing sport.

Monday (29.05.2023)- Thursday (01.06.2023): Madeleine Morris co-hosting with Lisa from this week. Emma Rebellato on sport.

Friday (02.06.2023): Emma Rebellato is co-hosting with Lisa today. Michael Rennie is doing sport from Brisbane.

Monday (05.06.2023)- Thursday (08.06.2023): Madeleine Morris co-hosting with Lisa. Emma Rebellato on sport.

Friday (09.06.2023): Emma Rebellato is co-hosting with Lisa. Charles Brice is doing sport from Adelaide.

3 Likes

Saturday 3 June - Sunday 4 June
James Glenday hosting this weekend.

2 Likes

From Canberra.

4 Likes

What is this segment? :roll_eyes:

Is something going on with the Sydney news channel studio?

There was a catastrophic failure on Friday during the midday news that put the whole network off the air - ABC main channel and ABC News. Seems to be ongoing issues since then. Assume they are related.

2 Likes

NSW also had a hybrid ACT bulletin last night.

1 Like

Did they acknowledge the tech issues?

Considering the number of times she’s filled in recently, think it might not be a question of if but when Emma Rebellato joins News Breakfast in some capacity.

2 Likes
2 Likes

“Insiders say”

Source: trust me bro

6 Likes

Did they see Michaels little performance when it was his last day? Cmon ABC get over yourself.

They should “get over” trashy magazines putting out misinformation?

1 Like

Michael started it by giving his ridiculous thank you and good bye speech.

1 Like