News Breakfast

Next week:

Mon-Thu - Madeleine Morris and Iskhander Razak, Charles Brice sport and Emma Rebellato weather
Fri - Johanna Nicholson and Fauziah Ibrahim from Sydney

3 Likes

26 - 30 December
Iskhandar Razak and Stephanie Ferrier will be hosting, Charles Brice with sport, and Emma Rebellato with weather.

3 Likes

Also, it is 7-10am next week.

3 Likes

About Steph, despite Emma Rebellato listed to be on weather, Steph is doing it this week.

3 Likes

Apology from ABC to Dicky Bill Australia:

News Breakfast: On 16 and 19 December 2022 ABC News Breakfast broadcast archival footage of machinery operated by Dicky Bill Australia during segments on the recall of certain baby spinach products made by a different company. That footage was used inadvertently and the ABC wishes to clarify that products made by Dicky Bill Australia were not the subject of the recall and Dicky Bill is not associated with the company which was the subject of the recall. The ABC apologises for any confusion caused.

1 Like

Michael Rowland returns on Monday and will be hosting with Nour Haydar. Michael Rennie is on sport and Emma Rebellato on weather.

2 Likes

Hosting with Nour Haydar

2 Likes

Johanna Nicholson has announced she’s expecting her 2nd child in June.

1 Like

3 Likes

@Leo_Puglisi6 on News Breakfast this morning

7 Likes

Michael Rennie is really not very good. He can’t speak in coherent sentences without spluttering and stammering, there is a consistent trend of ABC continuing to let presenters who aren’t any good on air, the weather presenter this morning was the same stumbling all the time too.

2 Likes

Charles should be still filling in on sport and Emma still on weather. What happened to James Hancock, Kirsten Diprose and Annie Kearney?

1 Like

Can I ask what program that is that you’ve got there to have all those streams on at once or is it a broadcast specific thing?

5 Likes

https://vidgrid.tk.gg/ A very helpful site that I use at work to keep an eye on international news.

10 Likes

That is friggen awesome - and off topic I know but behind a contract going down on the sale of our house today, I think that website is the second best birthday present I’ve had today!

2 Likes

3 Likes

A great fill in team there.

Madeleine Morris is advertised to be hosting with Michael next week, with Emma Rebellato on sport and Nate back on weather.

3 Likes

Well the mindless twitter trolls still seem to be at it. These people are not right in the head.

And no Twitter, I don’t care for that type of content.

2 Likes

Really weak stuff. Though they seem to be a bit of an anti-ABC conspiracy theorist anyway. Not that it helps when the presenter on the left (ha!) had Twitter lists entitled ‘Labor Thugs’ and ‘Lobotomized Shitheads’…

On a completely different note, and a tangent, your post reminded me of a brilliant thread many, many years ago by our UK cousins discussing how all the newscasters on all the channels happened to be wearing black… so naturally someone very important must have died, or was about to die. Speculation we could only dream of, that ran for 32 pages:
https://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/tonights-anchors-wearing-black-channels-17943