Newcastle Radio

90.5 back on air, still weird sounding audio and no RDS still.

4 Likes

Such is the nature of 2HDā€™s programming.

2 Likes

Aparently UPS failed at Sandgate which has now been fixed. UPS keeps things going between power outage and gen start.

4 Likes

Does anybody know why NEW FM donā€™t do online streaming? Or is it just simply Caralas being too much of a tight wad

3 Likes

This.

Low pay, not paying rent etc.

3 Likes

Or making the station go bankrupt

1 Like

How old is he now?

1 Like

80 something apparentlyā€¦

Should be put in a radio museum, for various reasons.

3 Likes

Older than the majority of people, yet younger than some historical buildingsā€¦

2 Likes

Is this for breakfast?

2 Likes

I remember they stopped streaming when APRA/AMCOS wanted to charge extra fees for both FM and streaming.

If you look through this forum you can find a streaming link which was never removed and still works, but itā€™s not made public on their website and radio apps etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to why marketing at Newfm are obsessed with boats. Is this a Bill thing? Theyā€™re giving away tickets to a boat party at the moment.
Giving away cruises left right and centre, pretty sure they gave an actual boat away a few years back as well.

Itā€™s as bad as hit with Alphabucks.

2 Likes

Or Tanya and Steveā€™s Credit Card Crunch on MMM

1 Like

Itā€™s their promotions director. Apparently, he believes he was on the Titanic in another life. So, everytime there is cruise ship into Sydney or Newcastle - he always goes on a holiday. Weird.

2 Likes

The boat they gave away was like a tinny. Weak marketing promo.

I always thought the PD/CD chose the direction of the stationā€¦ not Promotions.

1 Like

PD and GM are best friends. Too good of friends if you ask me.

2 Likes

Content, Promotion and to a lesser extent Sales all have a say in the direction of a good radio outfit. They work hand in glove.

Sadly at a station like New, itā€™s a little more of a clique from what Iā€™ve been told.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes - Steven is leaving for the UK. Another one bites the dust