New Zealand TV

It seems as if a commissioned NZ version of Married At First Sight has been held of indefinitely, in favour of another season of The Bachelor. The show was produced by Greenstone TV - the production company behind Highway Cops and Spellbound. ARTICLE

Was that not the best exit for anyone at TV3 ever? Well done Paul Henry team.

2 Likes

Whoever the lady was voicing the afternoon signpost menu on TVNZ 1 was, does not have a voice for voice over work. Do they just hustle anyone these days? Never heard her before but wasnt the greatest.

2 Likes

We’re a long way from the dapper standards of the NZBC

The old breakfast sofa and desk still getting use at TVNZ for the NFL playoffs set

1 Like

^ At least TVNZ’s coverage is better than that of Seven here, which has a straight relay of NFL telecasts without its own studio analysis.

1 Like

I much rather have the straight relay than having local analysis which would probably be subpar compared to the US studio analysis.

My big complaint about that approach is that since their first season covering NFL, Seven never show the pre/post game shows anymore which is disappointing.

1 Like

It’s being done to try and educate the audience who might my be as familiar with the NFL and rules etc. might be off putting to the hard core fan though.

1 Like

With the impending launch of The Project, I wondered how would the TV3 bug might fit into the graphics which are rumoured to be the carbon copy of the Australian version.

2 Likes

From 3 to Three: MediaWorks re-brands channel

MediaWorks brand TV3 will now be known as Three.

From Thursday, audiences will see the channel’s new identity - the second rebrand in the company’s 26-year history.

Chief content officer Andrew Szusterman says since the last iteration of the channel’s logo nearly 15 years ago, what it has to offer has changed.

"What we realised is that we had a brand that wasn’t fit-for-purpose anymore.

“The world has changed [since 2003]; it was a world where there was no Netflix, there was no Amazon, there was no Hulu, there was no Lightbox, there was no Asos, and so ‘3’ as a brand hasn’t really evolved with that even though our content has,” he says. Read more here.

3 Likes

OMG YAY! I’ve always wanted TV3 to be simply known as Three :heart_eyes: The packages look amaaaazing, everything looks awesome. A lot of effort has been put into this. Definitely a move in the right direction… the TV3 brand has aged a lot.

1 Like

I think I read on the instagram post they have been working on this for years.

Puts Australian networks 90s big 3D logos and branding to shame

3 Likes

What I love about 1 2 and Three is that they all have solid reputable brands and have fo years… and yes far better than any of the big aussie networks.

2 Likes

What a fantastic rebrand. The launch video is amazing! Mediaworks sure have the best creative team in New Zealand! Well done.

2 Likes

Yes it’s great to have real personality channel idents back again it’s great very strong three branding .
Really know what the channel stands for whereas tvnz 2 dancing idents & the tvnz moving 1 ball are too BBC similar boring dated & tells me nothing about the channel in 10-20 seconds.
Three has got that fresh feel back , personality & programme focused its got to be the best idents in the pacific region.

1 Like

I dont think 1 and 2 are dated at al… but the problem Three faces yet again is when a personality moves away from channel they will lose an ident or what have you… in the past with their idents when talent leaves they drop the ident but as more talent leaves or shows come off air they ditch idents al together, this has happened since 2005.

1 Like

This rebrand graphically is basically Tv3 Four and theedgetv combined. Looks like theyve thrown elements from all three channels in.

1 Like

“The uploader has not made this video available in your country” :anguished:

But from what I’ve seen I’m not really a fan of the new logo, although it is a very vibrant look and probably one for a younger demographic than I, but I do have to admire them for having a passion for branding. When was the last time we saw any of our networks really embrace a serious branding exercise? Our networks, all of them really, have abandoned any sense of branding as a way to connect to the audience.

3 Likes

Three has all the video rights sorry if they dont work.