New Zealand TV

2 Likes

From Air NZ huh? I suppose the first thing he does is stop broadcasts to Whakatane and Wanganui :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Technical difficulties before the 6pm news I’m guessing?

Was before 4:30 News

1 Like

Man Enough will be hosted by Matt Chisholm and premiere on TVNZ1 next Tuesday night (October 20).
1 Like

The new-look Sky website has been updated:

2 Likes

So, not sure how long this has been going for but TV2 is now closing down overnight for a period of time.

It’s listed as ‘2 Overnight’ in the EPG and is just a 20 second loop.

I thought it might have been just a filler for maintenance but it’s there for the first few nights at least, for varying times and durations each night.

Lack of infomercials? Or have they finally used up all their plays of Desperate Housewives (which seems to have been repeating on a loop for about 5 years - they must have got stuck with an odd deal on that one).

Anyway, here it is:

6 Likes

It would make compiling the log easier, I guess, from one day to the next.

1 Like

Bring back goodnight kiwi and the test pattern!

7 Likes

MediaWorks seem to have removed anything regarding their TV operations from their website.

2 Likes

Surprise surprise!

Current plan is to have the two business operating as serpareate as can be by 1st November still waiting final sale processes.

All TV stuff should be @ tv3.co.nz

4 Likes

Wow, interesting indeed. I love how it contains the message “In the meantime, you can check out all our great content on TVNZ OnDemand”. Almost a whiteflag moment, even if it is in the early hours of the morning. They haven’t been showing advertising after midnight for a while now either.

Nothing says onerous contract like multiple replays of this and we must be the only country in the world that continues showing 8 Simple Rules and My Wife and Kids on FTA television. Two fairly unremarkable sitcoms in the TV universe. The latter of which I spotted playing on TV when I was out yesterday.

4 Likes

TVNZ 1 will air the 2020 Melbourne Cup from 4:30pm tomorrow.

2 Likes

interesting… it had been on Prime for the past few years. I guess TVNZ put up some money to Sky/Trackside?

4 Likes

Opener of TVNZ’s Melbourne Cup coverage

5 Likes
3 Likes

Iconic Outrageous Fortune house to be demolished

1 Like

ICYMI: The Lotto draw #2009 was filmed at the 1 News set last night.
1 News was using the normal Lotto set for their U.S. Election coverage.

4 Likes