New Zealand TV

Exactly, almost all are privately owned by production companies. My Kitchen Rules being a big exception in the past decade. None of the Aussie networks appear to have any interest in curating their own content and selling it across the world - happy to simply be broadcasters in our own little corner.

1 Like

Im not sure if aussie nets make any profits from NZ sales. I don’t think so. However a successful sale across the pond possibly means the Aussie networks have to pay less for the series as the studi is making sales to NZ

That said the show working on both sides or the Tasman is till in the interest of Aussie networks in the long run

2 Likes

Melanie Bracewell on another show. That’s good.

6 Likes

Also new set for 7days by the looks of it.

2 Likes

Melanie mentions that in the caption.

3 Likes

Missed that.

3 Likes

Spotted this tonight on TVNZ 2, a Sponsor board before Last Dad Standing. Very like the Australian networks’ presentation.

10 Likes

Any screen grabs of 7 Days new set? Missed the show tonight…

1 Like

I was planned to do that, but been busy :frowning:

1 Like

Here you go

7 Likes

You don’t think they could have terminated the orange lights at the top of the set, somewhere where the camera’s aren’t doing close-ups? They look terrible. Otherwise, fine. Kinda reminds me of UK gameshow sets.

2 Likes

I love 7 Days but the canned laughter was just so disjointed last night. It really didn’t need it.

1 Like

Had no option but to due to Auckland being in Level 3 and not being able to have an audience.

1 Like

What’s the premise of the show? Is it like HYBPA? or 20to1 or something else?

1 Like

7 Days is a New Zealand comedy gameshow similar in some ways to the British program Mock the Week, hosted by Jeremy Corbett and created by thedownlowconcept. Paul Ego and Dai Henwood usually appear on each episode, along with other comedians, who form teams and answer questions about stories from the last week.

4 Likes

I understand that but I think it would of worked better with just the comedians laughing between themselves. The audience laughter was just not needed.

2 Likes

This is quite interesting

3 Likes

I thought 7 days was cancelled?

The Bachelor Australia season 8, featuring Locky Gilbert, premieres on Bravo this Tuesday (August 25) at 7.30pm. Each episode will be shown two weeks after the Australian broadcast.

The grand final of Big Brother Australia will be shown on Three on the same night at 9.25pm. It has been renewed by Seven for 2021. However given the disappointing ratings the show generated on Three, it’s hard to see if the show will be shown locally again next year.

1 Like

They reduced the episode order this year.