New Zealand TV

Agree Prime News did have their own News set, but gave that up after MediaWorks TV (now WBD) took over and moved into Newshub Studios.

1 Like
5 Likes

Hmm… fallen out of favour now National are back in power? :thinking:

wondered the same (whether it was not his decision), especially after this comment to the Herald

“Moving Houses was such a great show to be part of,” he said, adding, “I really enjoyed the journey. Who doesn’t love massive trucks, outsized machinery, matched at times with almost impassable roads? But what I’m most disappointed about in not coming back is that you meet just the absolute best New Zealanders who take on these big dream projects. It’s recycling on a grand scale.”

1 Like

I thought he was a pretty good host for that show. Sad to see him move on. They probably wanted a National voting boofhead hosting.

2 Likes

Updated rate card shows no new 7PM show anytime soon. Goes up till 30 March and MAFS/ Gold Coast Cops fill the 7pm slot right through

Starting early next year and building on our core news offerings including Newshub Live at 6PM and AM, a brand-new news and current affairs 7pm show will be hosted by Newshub’s Ryan Bridge.

They definitely said early next year … not Q2!

4 Likes

Australian mini-series Paper Dolls, inspired by 1990s reality TV girl band Bardot, will stream on ThreeNow from March 3.

3 Likes

fair go back tonight with new desk
IMG_5912

5 Likes

That looks horrendous. And the height difference between Pippa and the other lady (sorry don’t know her name) is quite something.

1 Like

this was bts looks way better on tv

2 Likes

Height difference still looks ridic. Couldn’t they have gotten some chairs?

1 Like

I quite like the height difference, it’s great to see people with different heights on screen. I just wish we’d have more people of different abilities on air as well, I’m looking at you 1news and Newshub. Atleast have a disability affairs correspondent.

4 Likes

I didn’t notice the height-difference on the telly last night. The only thing that stuck out for me was the deviation of the line as it goes around the corner of the desk - it doesn’t quite follow. But the real question is, where’s Haydo?

1 Like

He’s left - focusing on Good Sorts only now. (Was over the travel as he’s based outside of Auckland)

5 Likes

TVNZ’s shooting team must have missed the section at media school where they learned about forced perspective.

1 Like

Season 5 of Love Island Australia streams on TVNZ+ from Friday week (March 1). It was filmed in Spain in mid 2023.

The 96th Academy Awards will be livestreamed on Disney+ in New Zealand on Monday, March 11 at 11:30am NZDT.

Guess a deal with TVNZ (the awards’ broadcaster for the last few years) fell through this year.

2 Likes

TVNZ cutting costs, probably not worth the outlay for Monday afternoon broadcast and TVNZ+ views.

3 Likes

I have just been informed that Sky, the exclusive broadcast partner for the upcoming 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, will utilise all of its platforms to provide comprehensive coverage of this exceptional event to us as New Zealanders. This will include extensive coverage on Sky Sport and the companion app Sky Go as well as streaming on Sky Sport Now and free-to-air on Sky Open.

Sky is fully prepared to bring New Zealanders live coverage of the event, including both event action and studio coverage, highlighting the most thrilling sporting moments from all areas of the Olympic Games. Additionally, viewers will have the opportunity to closely follow the roughly 200 Kiwi athletes competing in over 20 sports.

Sky’s Olympic Games coverage will feature a morning review show hosted by Kirstie Stanway and an evening coverage hosted by Laura McGoldrick, both providing comprehensive coverage of events taking place in France. During the Games The Crowd Goes Wild, led by Andrew Mulligan and James McOnie, will have a strong focus on the Olympics. Rikki Swannell, renowned for her coverage of international sevens rugby, will once again provide her expert commentary for All Blacks and Black Ferns matches. The France-based team, including Kimberlee Downs (ex-TVNZ), Jeff McTainsh and Courtney Tairi, will capture the live reactions and emotions of Kiwi athletes after they have completed their events.

Viewers can access Sky’s curated channel for the Olympics on Sky Sport 3 as well as multiple 24-hour channels dedicated to Olympics coverage. The daily live coverage will run from 7pm to 9am, and will be accompanied by replays, highlights and special features during non-competition times. Sky customers can also enjoy on-demand content, including event highlights, replays, short clips, athlete reaction and feature pieces by the Sky team.

From 7pm to 9am Sky Open, the free-to-air channel, will offer a comprehensive range of Olympic programming, ranging from a morning analysis show to an evening recap show as well as live events and replays throughout the day and night.

On Friday 26 July the Opening Ceremony will kick off on the banks of the River Seine in Paris. A total of 16 other locations across France, including Tahiti for Surfing, will also hold events, providing viewers with a spectacular experience of athletic competitions set against breathtaking backdrops. The Olympic Games Paris 2024 will officially come to an end on Monday 12 August.

4 Likes
2 Likes