New Zealand TV

Well Factually your statement was incorrect.

It’s commissioned by Amazon which is a global company but by any way one could classify a show’s country of origin- Neighbours is Australian

1 Like

Power rangers was commissioned and made in nz, yet it wasn’t an NZ show. But yes happy to be “wrong” to please

Completely different

Dozens of US shows also filmed in Australia

2 Likes

Because the Power Rangers franchise is produced in the United States and distributed worldwide by Saban - whose headquarters is in Los Angeles, California - NZ actors and filming locations are utilised.

So who owns Amazon Freevee? Is it an Australian owned network? Last I checked its an American network. Prove me wrong

You do know the global streamers Disney+, Prime Video, Netflix, Paramount+ etc made over 30 Australian originals this year alone right?

And around the world the US owned streamers make hundreds of local originals in Australia, Brasil, Mexico, Finland, Spain, Germany, France, Japan, India, Korea etc. Netflix makes over 600 hours of Spanish originals a year.

You don’t seem to understand how the business works.

The global streamers in particular are investing massively in local originals in markets around the funded by local revenues from millions of subscribers

3 Likes

4 Likes

Would Netflix to been making a NZ original?

I always thought this was UK based.

1 Like

There’s also been another one for The Traitors UK that’s been on since the start of last week. They look quite good in my opinion.
Looks like they are changing the Three/ThreeNow font and giving it to Newshub.

One day I’m sure they will

Freevee based in US.
Offices also in the City of London at Amazon UK hQ

1 Like

So they make these originals but they dont have any claim of ownership over them, but if they commission something set another country, then its that countrys show, seems strange. Clearly I have picked a soft spot so I apologize for offending you on original content.

Squid Game is Korean

The Crown is British

Money Heist is Spanish

Five Bedroooms is Australian

Neighbours is Australian

All local originals funded by local sub revenue.

You do know the streamers have local commissioning offices in Mexico City, São Paulo, Sydney, Paris, Madrid, Oslo etc.

HBO Max makes local originals in Poland.

Is anyone calling these shows American?

What’s strange about it? Just seems you are confused about how the business works. No one is offended. You’re just wrong and oddly trying to double down on it in a passive aggressive way

These shows are not just set in Poland, France etc. They are Polish, French shows etc.

The streamers do claim the shows. They commission them. That doesn’t make the shows American. Prime Video make Australian shows. HBO MAX makes Swedish shows. Netflix makes Mexican shows.

It’s quite simple

Titchy hahahha

1 Like

This type of response insinuates you have nothing left and you’ve realised you’re incorrect but won’t concede.

Neighbours is an Australian show.

2 Likes

New split-screen credits on Three

8 Likes

Very TVNZ 2 colours, nice change from the bright pinks and oranges.

1 Like

Rebrand is definitely evolving.

2 Likes