New Zealand TV

Some interesting new commissions there, lots of similar shows to Aus with The Traitors, Blow Up and Couples Therapy.

TRACKED (announced in 2021) sounds like Hunted, but maybe a bit more rugged / off road then centered around towns and cities?

No mention of any major reality series like Dancing With The Stars, Masked Singer or MasterChef returning?

Good to see lots of drama and comedy announcements!

1 Like

Looks like WBD are finally getting their act together!

A bit of flashback to TVNZ2/ TV2 back in 2013. Probably my earliest proper TV capture. Just did a small montage of the on air presentation.

4 Likes
5 Likes

In the absence of the Breakfast show, Dog Squad Puppy School filled in

This is interesting… I take it TVNZ no longer have the old fallback of BBC World?

2 Likes

They did during the last breakdown I remember but that was a few mins not as long as this morning

3 Likes

I have just been informed that, according to the electronic programme guides (EPG), Newshub’s 4.30pm bulletin on Three will finish on Friday (8 November) and will be replaced by reruns of Extreme Couponing from next week (Mon 11 Nov).

So is that no more 4.30 News on three?

That’s very sad

1 Like

Atleast let it run until the end of the news season.

2 Likes

News is 24/7 isn’t it?

A massive average audience of 910,000 tuned in to watch a massive NZ-FRA semi final thriller on Saturday night across Three. Spark Sport figures would cracked the 1 million mark.

3 Likes

NZ News programs go on break during the summer usually around December 16 ish except evening news

1 Like
4 Likes

Lol I love those idents. Could do with a bit of a refresh though, but maybe they’re saving that for the merger.

3 Likes

Not in NZ, The newsroom goes on holiday during the summer except for the 6pm bulletin.

5 Likes

TVNZ has unveiled more things coming in 2023, on the eve of their merger.

3 Likes

Interesting to see two new seasons of Celebrity treasure island next year.

4 Likes

Quite disappointing compared to Discovery’s showcase. Let’s hope they have some things up their sleeve if the merger goes well.

Looks like that 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup will not be shown on Free to air TV or even Sky’s FTA channel Prime for bad news for Football Fans in NZ