New Zealand TV

TVNZ+ has landed today but it will still be funded by commercial advertising as the ad-free subscription tier is not yet available, according to The Spinoff.

Mildly glad they’ve gotten rid of the stupid swirly logo thing…

(For TVNZ+ at least, aware it’s still their corporate logo).

Are they just going ahead business as usual? I’d be surprised if the TVNZ brand sees the end of 2023…

4 Likes

Am I the only one a bit disappointed by the name? It’s not exactly bold or particularly original.

Guess there’s no point in coming up with something too new, because it isn’t probably going to survive the merger intact.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Who won in the Masterchef Ratings Battle? Australia (TVNZ 2) or New Zealand (Three)?

Since the arrival of TVNZ+, the programme return graphics (PRGs) and on-screen classifications for TVNZ 1 & 2 are missing.

1 Like

I’ve got a quick montage of TVNZ 1 On Air presentation, It really does look really nice, does freshen it up.

I’ll work on a fuller montage tonight/tomorrow.

7 Likes

No they are there just small and no banner, only letter water mark

1 Like

They weren’t displaying when they first started must have been an issue with the play-out as the watermark on TVNZ 1 was still visible into the ad-breaks.

TVNZ Matariki ident

3 Likes

Did they at least film some new contrnt with the TVNZ1 ball for the occasion?

Do we know what happened at their “ Hollywood style party”?

@Michael_Eccles Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Some promo graphic changes across TVNZ 1, 2 and TVNZ+ (via NaruTVMock)

3 Likes

Not that I have seen yet.

1 Like

The MasterChef Fans v Faves logo is taken from 10 Australia’s promotions.

1 Like

Is this me or does the split screen credits looks so small?

2 Likes

Just about no point even having the credits if they are that small

2 Likes

@Horomono Some viewers of both TVNZ 1 & 2 may be a bit difficult to read the credits as they are shrinked to a very small size!

1 Like

Interesting to see this, no tonight’s lineup across all TVNZ networks but 1 and 2 has its own tonight lineup shows.

1 Like