New Zealand TV

Always funny when they play these celebrity versions of UK and Aus shows in primetime, the biggest challenge is guessing who they are :joy:

2 Likes

Emma Watkins was the former Yellow Wiggle

2 Likes

Woops, you can tell I’m not in that target demographic!

2 Likes
3 Likes

According to the latest TV3 ratecard , launch of the new 7pm show hosted by Ryan Bridge may be pushed out a month. Was to be 5 Feb, now looks as if they are starting MAFS AU at 7 from that date (Mon-Thu, Fridays Gold Coast Cops). New 7pm show (still named on ratecard as ‘7pm’) now looks to launch 4 March.

6 Likes

Historical factual series Back in Time for the Corner Shop premieres on Sky Open on Wednesday, January 31 at 7.30pm. It stars the Ferrone family from the previous Back in Time for Dinner series and will again be hosted by Annabel Crabb.

The store site is located at the corner of Trevelyan and Swinbourne Streets in Botany in Sydney’s south east, just a few kilometres from Sydney Airport (look up on Google Maps). The series was filmed in April to June 2022, including the Ferrones attending a local Anzac Day dawn ceremony, dressed in period clothing.

The Australian version of The 1% Club, based on the ITV quiz show of the same name, comes to THREE on Friday, February 1 at 7.30pm. It is hosted by comedian Jim Jefferies who has featured on Comedy Central and Netflix.

The show has already been renewed for a second season.

1 Like

Season 11 of Married at First Sight Australia premieres on THREE on February 5, with each episode shown one week after the Channel Nine broadcast. It will drop on ThreeNow earlier in the day.

Contestant profiles

1 Like

More live sports content coming to ThreeNow

5 Likes

Good to see both free-to-air networks going all-in on sporting rights, helps to put a sizable crack in Sky’s near-monopoly.

3 Likes

Breakfast had 216,000 viewers 5+ on Monday compared to AM’s 192,000, a gap of 24,000 viewers.

3 Likes

Not bad for AM. Seems to have narrowed the gap.

2 Likes

Australian Survivor: Titans v Rebels starts on TVNZ 2 on Monday, February 12 at 7.30pm, continuing Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the same time. Each episode will be shown two weeks after the Australian broadcast. The new season, filmed in Samoa in August-September 2023, will see another group of castaways, divided into two tribes called Titans and Rebels, battle it out in an attempt to outwit, outplay and outlast each other in the ultimate game of survival. According to a Channel 10 press release: “Titans are both physically intimidating and utterly ruthless, but they’ll need to be at their absolute best to take on the Rebels — a group of individuals who live life by a different set of rules.”

Cast profiles

At 11.30pm on Monday, February 12 is the premiere of true crime documentary Claremont, about the investigation and manhunt about a series of murders which happened in Claremont in Western Australia in early 1996.

1 Like

After 9 years broadcasting the Grammys in New Zealand on TVNZ, The ceremony will not be televised in New Zealand this year making it the first time since 2013 that Grammys are absent from NZ TV screens

1 Like

If I recall rightly, they only returned to NZ TV because Lorde was nominated for the 2014 awards so TV2 picked up the rights. I don’t think they’d been on for a couple of years prior to that.

2 Likes

Not even on a Sky channel?

Ahh that’s right, I don’t recall them being a regular fixture during the 2000’s on TVNZ until then.

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350172237/sky-open-show-some-super-rugby-pacific-nrl-games-live-start-year

However, while the broadcast on Sky Open will begin at the same time as when games are shown on Sky TV, or Sky Now, commercials will be slotted into the action and the game then recommencing at the same spot, so nothing is missed.

However, because of the advertising breaks, the games will become progressively delayed and finish later than the broadcasts on Sky TV or Sky Now.

It is anticipated that by the end of the game, coverage will be delayed by 12 minutes on Sky Open, with four three-minute ad breaks during the game.

Why can’t they just do picture in picture ads, if they have to be inserted? Seems the more logical choice.

4 Likes

TV3/C4 covered the V8 Supercars in that manner, back in the day, race-start live, then progressively delayed with every ad-break. I didn’t mind, but I remember motorsport fans on Geekzone getting quite antsy over it.

4 Likes