New Zealand TV

3 Likes

Australian crime drama Last King of the Cross, which has been streaming on ThreeNow since April, will have its FTA premiere on Three this Sunday (October 1) at 8.30pm with double episodes.

Taskmaster Australia premieres on TVNZ 2 next Tuesday (October 3) at 9.25pm, following the original UK version. The double continues on Wednesday nights. Taskmaster Australia is hosted by Tom Gleeson with Tom Cashman as assistant, and the first season features the contestants Julia Morris, Nina Oyama, Luke McGregor, Jimmy Rees, and Danielle Walker. The challenges are filmed at the same house as the NZ version, but the studio scenes and final challenge of each episode are filmed in Australia.

The show has been renewed for a second season which airs in 2024.

3 Likes

That means the Australian version of the Taskmaster franchise is recorded at the studios of South Pacific Pictures in Henderson, West Auckland (NZ), but with an Australian flavour and comedians…

No, the studio scenes of season 1 of Taskmaster Australia were filmed at NEP Studios in Sydney in December last year. Season 2 studio scenes were recorded at Docklands Studios in Melbourne in July this year.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this two-nights in a row deal. They did this with the last NZ version earlier this year, and it just felt rushed, like they were trying to burn it off. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing… I think I’ll record them and watch them week by week.

3 Likes

That comes more than seven years after it arrived in Australia.

2 Likes

Who needs Hayu when a lot of its content is already on ThreeNow under the Bravo banner, for free?

1 Like
1 Like

some of it’s also on neon

It’s a must-have if you want to watch Bravo shows same day as they air in the US. Like with 7Plus, the Bravo content on ThreeNow probably consists of past seasons.

Do many people even watch Bravo? To me it’s a channel for single women 35-60 my mum is the only person I know that watches it :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sky says it has received a highly conditional, non-binding preliminary expression of interest from a third party to acquire all of the shares in Sky.

2 Likes
1 Like

Very interesting, who could possibly be interested in acquiring the business? Wonder if it’s local or international. Paramount?

I guess since they have the pay tv, steaming & FTA components it’s more of an attractive offering covering all viewing bases.

1 Like

Could be a unrealistic longshot with a lot of monopoly concerns but WBD could have taken a crack.

Think about it, deal with HBO, streaming infrastructure already in place with Neon, established NZ footprint…it’s a good deal for them.

2 Likes

I did think WBD, but with them already struggling to monetize Three and the wider local business by leveraging that platform + use of their content ecosystem it just didn’t strike me as a business that would be interested in doubling down on their efforts in NZ to date.

Never say never.

5 Likes

Season 2 of Under the Vines will have its Australia FTA premiere on ABC TV on Friday, November 3, at 8.30pm.

1 Like