New Zealand TV

TVNZ has announced full details of their sports offering which will be available on a dedicated sports section on TVNZ+. Additionally though, selected sports (e.g., NZ cricket and Manu Samoa rugby) and events (e.g., The Men’s Ashes, FIBA Men’s World Cup games and the Super Bowl) will also be simulcasted on either TVNZ1 or Duke.

While TVNZ+ will use the world feed for many events, TVNZ will have their own commentary team for local events headed up by Scotty Stevenson.

In addition to the rights list Timmy previously posted, TVNZ will also show:

• NFL - three regular season games a week (2 live and 1 delayed), 12 playoff games and the Super Bowl.

• Women’s FA Cup and the Arnold Clark Cup

• The Hockey NZ Oceania Cup (new acquisition); and

• TVNZ’s existing sports rights (namely the T20 BlackClash, King of the Ring kickboxing, the Tour of Southland and Extreme E).

7 Likes

Funnily enough, the package TVNZ Duke used to have when it first launched.

4 Likes

That’s a big haul. Sports fans will be loving it. And they can put the coverage on Duke so people dont complain.

Edit: I just hope they dont pack it full of ads. Something that TVNZ has form on.

1 Like

I’d willingly pay TVNZ for a paid streaming option online without ads.

3 Likes

Threenow are getting a pop-up Three Sport channel for Sail GP

5 Likes

Season 2 of Creamerie premieres on TVNZ+ on July 14.

1 Like
1 Like

The obvious answer is HGTV, right?

3 Likes

I was surprised to see Julia Morris has a small part in the new NZ comedy Double Parked

5 Likes

Kinda curious that looking at Sky’s guide, only goes as far as a week as it’d usually do [though shorter than the week and a half main channels get]… except for the evening where the second Ashes test starts. :thinking: Perhaps a minor revamp in store for Duke with the TVNZ sport deals kicking in?

In the meantime, they’re going through the Fast and the Furious anthology one movie a night, starting Sunday evening… would let them burn off all ten instalments of that (up to F9) pretty cleanly the night before the Ashes, presuming they have the rights to all of them.

3 Likes

UK dating show I Kissed a Boy premieres on TVNZ+ this Saturday (July 1).

3 Likes
3 Likes

Seems like TVNZ is quietly retiring the use of the Heihei name for its children programming. Checked the hub on TVNZ+ tonight and it had rebranded to a generic “Tamariki” one. The Heihei bubble has also been removed from many of the thumbnails of its originals as well.

The website is still up for now (HEIHEI Games) but I’d imagine it’ll be gone after the holidays.

3 Likes

With the closure of Spark Sport, the sports section of TVNZ+ has recently been added. Many of the sports previously covered by Spark Sport are now live and free on TVNZ+ from today (1 July), but the number of major sporting events, including cricket, are available on TVNZ’s linear channels (TVNZ 1 & DUKE).

8 Likes

Here is the hypothetical situation of SPTV have not merged into TVNZ in 1980 then the Government would have to sell the channel to Australian businessman Kerry Packer who runs PBL during Rogermonics in the 80s.

Sell to an Aussie? Even in a hypothetical situation like you’ve proposed I could not Kiwis accepting that.

TVNZ regaining Love Island has paid off for its streaming platform TVNZ+, becoming the most streamed show on it. The recent addition of sports to it’s service is only going to strengthen TVNZ+ and leave ThreeNow in its dust.

2 Likes

BBC documentary series Rainbow Warrior: Murder in the Pacific premieres on TVNZ1 on Monday, July 10 at 9.30pm. It will also be shown on SBS in Australia at 8.25pm Wednesdays from July 5.

4 Likes

It will be an awesome doco to watch

1 Like

Seems quite shocking for a Primetime show;

1 Like