New Zealand TV

Work experience kid let loose.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s more about giving Carolyn Robinson a presenting role - unfortunately under-utilised at TVNZ.

1 Like

I haven’t seen My Life is Murder, but it would seem like a programme that can’t air before the 8:30pm cut-off.

What is this in reply to?
Please directly reply to the relevant post.

The poster was replying to the conversation about 20/20, Carolyn Robinson does the local intros for the show.

There is a My Life is Murder thread if you want to continue the discussion.

2 Likes

Dai was on The AM Show promoting the return of 7 Days this morning, surprised they didn’t use the opportunity to bring this up too.

3 Likes

He was on The Project tonight.

So Friday on SBS Viceland Shortland Street ended with Curtis turning up, was this the same in NZ?

Yep same

Weird so that double ep on Monday here and yet staying with single on Friday and we’re the same as NZ again…
Or they didn’t air it one day of the week here on Thursday on SBS Viceland? so that’s why we’re back to being the same schedule as NZ?

1 Like

Wonder if TVNZ to air the free to air coverage on Beijing Winter Olympics next year?

And if Sky will give them the Com Games even though they announced it will air on Prime.

That’ll depend on:

1. If TVNZ are willing to pay what they’ll need to enter into more sub-licensing deals with Sky; and
  2. If so, (from Sky’s POV) whether having FTA coverage of the Tokyo Olympics on TVNZ drove people to subscribe/watch Sky’s coverage. If not, would they better achieve that for the Winter Olympics/Comm Games by airing the FTA coverage on Prime instead.
1 Like

Also a real chance that Sky is finally sold to one of the big players now they’ve hired Jarden… if Discovery buys then I guess more sport for Three…

I don’t think it will happen, as it already preparing the coverage on Prime next year.

1 Like

If they think its worth their while, they might cover Beijing… it’s in the right timezone for primetime coverage. Otherwise for anything further afield, I’d doubt TVNZ would be keen simply because they can’t sell enough ads to pay for it.

1 Like

Francis Mossman, who starred in Shortland Street and web series The Horizon, has died in Sydney at 33.

1 Like

Who remembers this COVID banner down below? (back from August 2020)

I wonder if they’ll bring it back as country goes back to lockdown tonight.

4 Likes