New Zealand TV

Tight turnaround for the production house in charge of Marae?

2 Likes

I’m wondering if some studio interviews may be recorded during the week and now out of date?

3 Likes

Wow. A Programme is not being broadcast because of Restrictions.

1 Like

They might also not want to show them because it would seems like they are breaking the rules or something.

The Sky City fire in 2019 and differing covid restrictions now show that TVNZ should have a studio in Wellington ready to go

1 Like

TVNZ has a backup studio at an undisclosed location in Auckland’s CBD that they used during the fire and they also used the NZ Live / NEP studios in Parnell

2 Likes

That backup studio is located at Spark headquarters, just down the road from TVNZ in Auckland Central.

2 Likes

@LiamP Sounds like bravo

1 Like

Don’t know if this has been posted, but this is a This Is Where We Live era id for Prime TV Waikato

2 Likes

Wow, anyone listening to that would be left to think that that’s where they live… if they weren’t put to sleep! I don’t remember hearing that particular track used on Prime in Christchurch (just as well).

EDIT:
Wellington had the more upbeat jingle too, I have evidence at
https://youtu.be/U3UF3fTm7eY

And there is a NZ TV History thread, not that I’d tell you where to stick it!

1 Like
1 Like

Broadcasting Sunday night in the US, so Monday afternoon our time. Airing Monday night in Australia so weird it is not going to air until Tuesday in NZ.

With those sort of things the currency is the big thing, a lot of the “best bits” would have been circulated by Tuesday night.

4 Likes

Even with the best bits circulating around by that point, it’s still going to doing well in the ratings. Might even beat The Bachelor.

That was also used in Australia. As was most of the graphics.

Don’t worry, people would tell me where to stick things all the time.

1 Like

Possibly - as a non-royalist I couldn’t give a shit, but my point stands on the immediacy of it.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the full Prime “Always something good” jingle from 2003/2004, I really liked it all those years ago. I presumed it was lifted from Channel 9 and given to Prime.

I’m pretty sure the “Always something good” jingle was unique to Prime NZ, because Nine’s main jingle/slogan was (of course) “Still The One” back in 2003-04.

1 Like

I only had the short one on VHS (It’s on that link I posted above).

Pretty much everything I had of Prime up until 2006 went on that YouTube video. Maybe someone else out there, somewhere, has an old VCR with a bunch of old tapes in their garage? Probably in Hamilton, Monster Garage was on about then, they’d have loved that.

1 Like

There’s a collection here

2 Likes

I wish you had the longer version, your probably right it is sitting somewhere in someone’s garage gathering dust. Its interesting as @SydneyCityTV pointed out that it was uniquely used for Prime in NZ, it shows they really wanted a return on their NZ investment, a shame it didn’t quite work out.

3 Likes