New Zealand Radio

What’s in it for MediaWorks though? The current live podcast MW is producing is fine for YouTube, streaming, etc but wouldn’t look too great on TV. MW would need to invest in more resources to make it TV ready and polished. I can’t see it being a worthwhile business case for MW.

Although I could see it being made available to stream on ThreeNow (with a few more tweaks to the presentation).

More FM’s content director Amy Collett last day today, she’s heading back to Aus - (Wave FM Wollongong)

I thought it was Christian Boston? Or am I a bit behind the times here.

As to Duncan Garner doing a breakfast show for TV3, good idea (not like he hasn’t done it before), but I don’t know if it would get off the ground. Would be interested to see if Lloyd Burr can keep things running though.

Interesting to see the ratings for Channel X are higher than Today FM ever had. I guess it’s probably a no-brainer for Mediaworks when looking at staffing costs etc to compare the two.

He is still at Mediaworks but has a wider role within the company.

• an audience of more than 30 watching Live
  • $$ … the same reason Stuff have decided to go into the tv business*
  • correction “We’re not getting into the TV business” - Stuff. lol

Def would be some tweaks needed but I reckon they could make it look good enough for a no frills radio with pic… rather, pictures without radio kinda setup. MW also have that other studio they were using late last year:

He is still at Mediaworks but has a wider role within the company.

Maybe he could return in the interim? Although he might not want to given he did this previously.

This studio was setup as a test space does not have all this lighting currently or camera setups.

They’ll need to sell it to WBD to make it viable in my mind.I don’t think the YouTube/Rova/Podcast numbers are going to cut it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I am staggered that RNZ needs two voices to host a three hour feature interview based Saturday show

4 Likes

RNZ National’s Saturday Morning programme has a duration of four hours and runs from 8am to noon.

1 Like

Looks like former Today FM (and lately AM) host Lloyd Burr has given up trying to save the latter, and is going to jump ship to Stuff instead:

Interesting as he may well be bumping into his former Newshub/AM colleagues again soon…I wonder if this role was created to keep him on rather than letting him go?

3 Likes

Having never listened… do they present together or take in turns each week?

1 Like

It used to just be one with Kim Hill, and they haven’t started co-hosting yet but it seemed to intimate they would be hosting together.

2 Likes

Something went a bit awry with the National Radio night show earlier this week - I guess they didn’t Google the lyrics before putting a couple of songs to air?!

1 Like

New THE HITS TVC

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t stand Jono and Ben. Mind you, I can’t stand Toni Street either…so I’m probably screwed :frowning:

1 Like

Bite the bullet NZME, is it Jono and Ben or Jono, Ben and Megan? So weird to have a three person show but only promote two of them in name across the station and across other media.

1 Like

Wife has coast on with toni street in the mornings…she can be a tad ott but then i am not really target audience…

Agree! Megan is a big part of their show.
Call it Jono and Ben with Megan if they have to

3 Likes

More FM Rodney’s Breakfast Club Jacque has had brain surgery for a tumour

2 Likes