New Zealand Radio

6am-2pm weekdays (breakfast show and day show). Not sure about weekends.

More is local in Chch at least 12 hours a day on weekends still, I think.

1 Like

Weekends on the Breeze Canterbury are still local from 6am-7pm (or maybe 6pm)

More FM still local on weekends also. 6am-7pm Saturdays and 9am-7pm Sundays.

2 Likes

Ah yes - this morning they pranked a junior Edge announcer by getting him on the phone with Mediaworks radio head Leon Wratt, and Meg wrapped up the prank before Leon was about to let the announcer know he was getting ‘fired’. Dom sounded disappointed lol.

1 Like

GFK SURVEY 2 2019
Top 5 in Major Metros
AUCKLAND

1. NEWSTALK ZB 14.6 - 15.3 (its largest share since 2005)
  2. BREEZE 7.8 - 7.6
  3. MAI FM 11.1 - 7.0
  4. COAST 7.9 - 6.6
  5. MAGIC MUSIC & TALK 5.6 - 5.8

CHRISTCHURCH

1. NEWSTALK ZB 14.0 - 15.2 (largest share here since 2014)
  2. MORE FM 12.4 - 13.2
  3. BREEZE 9.5 - 10.3
  4. MAGIC MUSIC & TALK 9.5 - 8.7
  5. EDGE 7.3 - 8.5

WELLINGTON

1. BREEZE 13.3 - 13.5
  2. NEWSTALK ZB 13.3 - 13.4
  3. SOUND 7.9 - 8.5
  4. MAGIC MUSIC & TALK 8.1 - 8.5
  5. ZM 7.9 - 8. 2
2 Likes

Huge drop for Mai. Some unlucky book placement on this occasion?

What format is Mai?

Hip Hop and R&B music, its frequency in Auckland is also under 90.0 FM therefore if you have a Japanese import car without a band expander it is pretty much the only commercial music option you have.

5 Likes

Tegan Yorwarth has recently replaced Lily Taurau on the Mai Morning Crew, who’s gone on an OE. Tegan was previously the newsreader for the show. Drop-off could be partly due to that?

1 Like

For us in Aus who didn’t think to google:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/how-the-big-oe-changed-me/15989626/The-traditional-Kiwi-OE-is-dying

Hahaha yes my friend in Auckland who is I her 50s had a wee Honda Fit for a while and that was all she could get. Cracked me up though because she got so used to the music she started to enjoy it and and get familiar with beats and lyrics.

i still prefer the sound myself so we try to find a happy balance

1 Like

Simon Barnett and Phil Gifford Afternoons kicked off on Newstalk ZB earlier this week,
Check them out if you get the chance! Really awesome duo.

1 Like

2 - 6pm in east coast Aus. 4 - 8 Perth.

Wrong way around :slight_smile:.

10-2 east coast, 8am-midday Perth.

1 Like

Yeah, I checked them out about two decades ago! Think I’ll give it a miss, especially on ZB, yuck, talkback, ewwww!

havent had a chance as yet but i suspect phil gifford would have been suited to radio sport

He did Radio Sport drive for two years after he left More FM in 2003.

i forgot about that i still remember the good old days he did on hauraki breakfast with the morning pirates (mark perry) and also blackie and john hawkesby

1 Like

Triple M’s “No Talk Day” for men’s mental health that occurred earlier this month, has spread across the Tasman, with Radio Hauraki to have their own “No Talk Day” on Friday 9th August.

Source: Radioinfo

1 Like

Carly Flynn is back on her old Weekend Life show in the Saturday morning slot on Magic Talk. Roman Travers is picking up Sunday mornings.

3 Likes