New Zealand Radio

Station of the Year (Network): ZM Team
announced at the nz radio awards…not sure who picked these awards

1 Like

The ZM breakfast show hosted by Carl Fletcher, Vaughan Smith and Megan Papas was named Best Music Breakfast Show (Network).

The ZM breakfast team also received the coveted “Blackie Award” awarded in recognition of “funny and entertaining” radio excellence.

Who would you have given it to?

Ive been a ZM listener for years and I think the station sounds fantastic right now. Excellent content, shows and the music selection now has more older tracks. Congrats to Ross Flahive and the team for the changes made over recent years.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to ZM since the 90’s !

1 Like

i can remember the days of zm with marcus and lana

James and Ken, the Moron-men, from six to ten, on 91ZM! (Christchurch). Si and Phil usurped them, before they were poached by More FM. By then I was listening to C93FM.

On another note, Radio Rhema are hocking off their LPs… RNZ; TradeMe Auction

UPDATE 1/7/19> Sold for $5001 to a Hamilton couple, according to RNZ.

3 Likes

If I aren’t listening to my local radio station, I prefer ZM over the edge any day, better hosts better shows music is slightly less repetitive. Talent at the edge is a bit blegh at the moment. Jono and Ben are awful, Sharon acts like a kid. Dom is old, not familiar with their new night people. My favourite duo was Marty and Steph.

1 Like

The Edge is becoming a bit stale. I listen to the Dom, Meg & Randell podcast a lot and find that the show is a departure from the glory days of the early 2000s. The point of difference for the station was the level of stunts being done by the talent themselves. Nobody is willing to put themselves out there like that these days.

Nowadays, I’m switching between Mai and ZM.

Been listening to The Edge breakfast a bit lately and I can see why they’re in no hurry to move Dom on to another station… without him they might as well just merge with The Breeze (no offence to The Breeze lol). Also imo wasn’t the greatest move replacing Jay Jay with Meg who seems a very nice person but so cautious not to say anything that might offend someone.

I don’t mind Jono, Ben & Sharyn but Bree & Clint are awesome.

1 Like

Brian FM then for something totally different.

1 Like

love Brian FM humour! unlike anything atm!!

2 Likes

Brian fm is horrible, mate loves it. Went to a party the other weekend he had it cranking and others were straight to change it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I can see why Dom is still around, he’s the only one willing to still push the limit. Meg acts too motherly, good host though.

1 Like

What don’t you like about it? Is it the playlist, lack of on-air personality, the name?

Playlist and the voice over, and the claim they’re ad free when they’re not lol

my wife has turned into a fan of the breeze here in canterbury

Fair enough!

Good local content, reliable playlist. Makes sense!

How much local content are they running? Has this been increased with the change at More FM bfast?