New Zealand Radio

Great win for RNZ in the latest ratings survey, with them pipping The Edge for the highest cumulative audience.

RNZ National’s 5am pre-Morning Report show begins next Monday.

Can’t wait to see Indira Stewart tackle this new challenge! Know her personally and she is definitely being rooted for.

1 Like

Indeed :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Lily Taurau has announced she is leaving the good-rating Mai Morning Crew show. Her last show is in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Also announced a few weeks ago, Nickson Clarke is Mai’s new content director. Interestingly they said he’ll continue to do the morning show as well

1 Like

Announced yesterday - Simon Barnett and Phil Gifford’s Newstalk ZB show will launch on July 1.

Exactly what I would have said to the thought of Simon Barnett joining ZB !

1 Like

Fair call! Very intrigued to how it sounds.

2 Likes

Interesting interview with Jason Gunn. Barely a mention of More FM. With Flynny incoming and Drive now based in Akl, wondered, like others on here, if he’ll be moving to Breakfast on More, but with his new business venture maybe we’ll see him leave radio altogether…?

1 Like

Jase, Jay-Jay & Flynny debuts on air this afternoon.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Is it just me or dated presentation and outdated artwork?

1 Like

Not just you. It does look outdated, you wouldn’t believe they “refreshed” the More Fm look to this at the start of the year!

2 Likes

Refreshed it backwards, what a unique talent.

1 Like

Is it just me or does Mediaworks Radio Brands brands look outdated across the board? with the exception of The Edge.

2 Likes

they need to update the sounds website

The NZME radio stations have really put in effort to their branding. Their MediaWorks counterparts have a track record of looking shocking IMO.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if the ZB Wellington morning show got quietly axed? Doesn’t seem to be any trace of it still going with Heather’s departure. Would Christchurch’s show be next to go?

1 Like

I believe they are recruiting (perhaps internally). That was the last I heard.

1 Like

Hmm, half right. Flynny is underway on More as we know and Jason has confirmed he’s “pulling back” but will remain part of the family. Redirecting...

Interesting development. Seeing out the end of the year maybe??

Their producer has also departed the show to take up a new role in back in Christchurch.

1 Like