New Zealand Radio

No announcement at 5pm but I noticed the RDS on my receiver just says the frequency now. No mention of Today FM anymore.

Website is still normal as of 5:10pm.

If I can be candid, I’m quite liking the music selections they’ve pulled out today.

1 Like

It’s official. Today FM is officially no more. A pre-recorded announcement came in around 5:12pm.

4 Likes

Blackcaps coverage and REX Today will remain on the frequencies for now. New station is expected to launch in April.

They’ve truly given up on it.

1 Like

I have the audio captured - will upload a link shortly.

2 Likes

Aw, what?!

1 Like

Yes, it’s true Paddy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of them get poached by ZB.

1 Like

Audio Here → TodayFM Announcement | Whyp

2 Likes

Well, that means Newstalk ZB is now the only commercial talk radio network in the country.

It’s off Rova now as well.

1 Like

What’s a shame that they couldn’t finish the Greatest Kiwi of All Time countdown as they were stuck at No. #81.

Former TodayFM podcast editor here.

We had the podcast playlist of the countdown scheduled to go up till tomorrow night. We’ll get to 71!

No clue who the rest are from then on… But I’d nominate the rest of the team after what’s happened today!

6 Likes

Quick question, where will the podcasts be hosted now that Rova’s nuked all signs of Today FM?

1 Like

The entire Today FM presenters and team deserves to be at #1, surely.

Arohanui, and we feel for you, @Rorie :heart:

4 Likes

An official announcement from Today FM’s website.

6 Likes

Here’s where the top 20 we’re sitting

4 Likes

No more Today FM TOTH been played at 6pm.

1 Like

Facebook page has been privated.

1 Like

Its not even on rova anymore
Sad day for the staff but guess it was inevitable once their manager left

Still available on TuneIn:

(must admit I’m listening on 702AM though - loving the music! Heard a few songs I haven’t heard for a while! Maybe they should roll out this format instead?)
What’s going to happen to the news for all the Mediaworks stations tomorrow? I heard Geoff Bryan “from the Today FM Newsroom” - who’s going to do the news for The Breeze and The Sound from tomorrow? The Mediaworks News Centre?