There appeared to be no marketing
I read a comment online from someoneyesterday that said
He had
Never heard of today fm
I guess talk radio is just not going to succeed at
Mw

1 Like

Isn’t that the MediaWorks way?
TV4/C4/FOUR launch/relaunch were all like that, big push at the start and then nothing, like a cat that’s got bored with a ball of string.

1 Like
4 Likes

And how many have continued to tune in

Someone has a winning bid of $256,100 today for 94.1MHz at Southshore. They must be thinking it’s worthwhile for a licence that has a life of eight years and won’t cover all of Christchurch with a 300W licensed maximum.

1 Like

Rhema Group has won it after looking at the expired listing.

Big money for a marginal frequency, very close to the high powered 94.5FM. A decent car radio will pick it up across wider parts of the city I guess.

It’s coverage infill - it’s not designed to cover all of Christchurch.

1 Like

Well aware of that, but still a big number and NZME is promoting a station being back on the air in Christchurch by using one of these frequencies.

2 Likes

While design may be for infill, if the winning bid was Rhema Media as suggested earlier I would imagine it’s for Life FM, not to provide FM coverage of either Star or Rhema.

2 Likes

Interesting to see pm hipkins seems
More open to
Being on air on newstalk zb then jacinda was
…clearly no problem between
Those two

I like reading your posts Rod but there’s something weird with their formatting - are you writing them on a phone or something? All the sentences seem to stop in the middle of a line (word wrap?).

2 Likes

Yes i am i will try to change that…cheers fot the feedback

1 Like

The broadcaster confirmed Hay was on leave but would not reveal why she was away or when she would return.
Multiple workers spoken to by the Herald said management had not offered an explanation for her abrupt absence.

5 Likes
5 Likes

This is the moment it appears to have ended

9 Likes

Go woke, go broke, as they say. Hilarious.

1 Like

Way to go out… They’ll have more listeners than ever now though with this music mix!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Bloody hell.

2 Likes

Bloody hell indeed. Didn’t see that coming. Really bad of MW to close the station so abruptly. I’m just sorry for everyone who will be losing their jobs.

1 Like