New Zealand Radio

I can get Gold, but I do not like any of the music that is played on that station. (Yes, there is no pleasing some people).

Gold is not too bad
Only problem is the reception in christchurch
Hence i can
Only get online via i heart radio
But again they are not too bad

If you’re promoting a new type of conversation, you’ve gotta be better than this.

Get rid of them! Replace them with Alison Mau, Danny Watson and Wendyl Nissen lol

Does woke radio hiring opinionated hosts ever work out well?

“not too bad” if you like Sting, Michael Jackson and the like. I cannot stand any of them myself.

More bad publicity for today fm then

1 Like

“Sometimes I think this is how I’m gonna lose my job – because I would refuse to read out the words ‘pregnant people’.”

”Once Leah and Miles were made aware of the impact of what they said, they were devastated about those they have hurt.

Oh really?

Prefacing by saying these are my own comments on the situation and do not reflect mediaworks or Today FM.

I heard parts of the on-air comments and as a part of the LGBTQIA+ community they disgusted and upset me.

Leah and Miles made their comments without knowing the harm they inflicted on their own team.

No business or individual is perfect when navigating the LGBTQIA+ space, I personally feel the situation has been handled well internally and externally with an on air apology and communications within media works.

In an ideal world rainbow training should have already happened and the comments should never have been made but we don’t live in an ideal world.

Mistakes are made, people say things in the heat of a moment without always realising the consequences.

We have seen this before in the media where people make comments about a section of society, make an apology and move on.

Some situations these comments are made repeatedly and when this happens firm action should be taken.

11 Likes

No plans.

Are the sound on a 1 hour delay

Tofay in 1987 newstalk zb was launched
Who knew then the big juggernaut it would be
Today

1 Like

Polly Gillespie was out putting flyers in letterboxes in Wellington last night while live on air…

3 Likes

Jordan and Brook who left Mai Morning Crew last year are doing what all ex radio hosts do now… starting a podcast.

Join Brook and Jordan every week days from 6AM for a yarn all things culture, entertainment, sports, funny and thought provoking.If you’re keen to sponsor the show and keep the lights on… lol email info@themorningshift.comPowered by YOUKNOW MEDIA

Apparently this “Reality Check Radio” thing starts on Monday. Oh yay. If Sean Plunket is right, it will be a station mostly harping on about vaccine mandates, which were gotten rid of last year. That and probably going on about how Putin and Trump are really good guys, just misunderstood. Will be riveting listening…not.
Maybe they should talk about the 1984 election while they’re at it as well? :roll_eyes:

Heaps of (digital) billboards around Auckland, whoever is bankrolling it has a bit of coin

Probably some property developer or somesuch whose income was badly affected by the pandemic, and was radicalised as a result. Some of these people really do fancy themselves as ‘the resistance’. Would be funny if they weren’t so dangerous.

I still think Liz Gunn will have a show on there sooner or later. I fancied a laugh last night so I thought I’d listen to her latest video. 45 minutes (I didn’t make it past 5!) ranting about how Jacinda was the most tyrannical leader in the world. Has she never heard of Assad, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un?! But Jacinda encouraged everyone to get vaccinated. That’s worse than bombing your own citizens, apparently…

4 Likes

She is just awful everyone is entitled to an opinion and viewpoint
But she borders on hysteria
Some things are just best not said

2 Likes

I believe it’s being bankrolled by Voices for Freedom. Since the vaccine mandates were removed and whatever they did has become largely irrelevant, I guess they had to put all that money they raised to some use.

As to Liz Gunn, I’ve seen her described elsewhere as a “washed-up former newsreader, desperate for attention in today’s digital age, reduced to creating antivaxx and conspiracy theory videos and publishing them online for a very limited audience”.

She has become quite bitter and twisted, especially about the former PM. I guess Liz would rather we had hundreds of thousands dropping dead of coronavirus instead? That would have also been Jacinda’s fault too, I guess :roll_eyes:

In any case, this just seems like more conspiracy theories, even more so than what The Platform became. Sad to see someone like Paul Brennan (who I used to quite respect) going fully down the rabbit hole of this nonsense.

2 Likes

Really? Man, I guess he bought more than just birds home.

Oh jeeze. Paul Brennan has a terrible reputation. He left RNZ under a cloud for inappropriate behaviour.

2 Likes