New Zealand Radio

Interesting to see how many
Listeners that will bring in
Imagine most people will be tuned into rugby etc
When the season starts

1 Like

Today FM has updated the news headlines packages on air to what is called a ‘Happening Now’

He certainly left his mark
On radio and tv
Paul holmes
I read his autobiography and it was good

Stuff had an
Article this morning online re gary mccormack
Pending
The last week of his more fm show
Finishing up after 18 years

I recall that those behind this iteration of 2XSFM indicated they were attempting to obtain a full broadcast licence.
Pretty difficult to do when all frequencies serving Palmerston North are allocated or reserved by government policy for a Youth Radio Service and National Māori Radio Network. I suggest that neither are likely to eventuate before the current round of licence expiries in April 2031, if ever.
Perhaps the ‘use or lose it’ policies could be strengthened for licences issued in the past that are have never been activated or since ceased use. An example is 105.0 that probably could be relocated and reconfigured with no impact to existing services.

2 Likes

So with gary mccormack
Finished on more fm this week will paul ego
Start early as well
As his replacement
Or will they wait a bit

They talked to Paul on air … he’s joining the show from Tuesday. So Lana, Gary, Adam and Paul. Won’t be awkward at all.

1 Like

Too many voices. I know it’s for a week and to ease the transition but that was the problem the Breakfast Club Had when it was about 6 people.

2 Likes

I wonder what has moved Gary’s exit to next week? It would have been easier to finish up at end of last year rather than coming back for 4 weeks.

Still sounds like there is at times, Speedy seems to just be there and chimes in for a lot of it.

I keep wondering if Christchurch will remain the long term base for this show? Lana probably wouldn’t move but Adam Percival role is fairly interchangeable as far as talent goes.

Maybe Paul had a comedy commitment or similar which has come to an end? Does seem odd.

I think so. Isn’t More’s CD in Chch these days?

I imagine it will be chch based
I can see paul maybe splitting his time bewtwen Christchurch and auckland

Yes I believe so.

Still remember the good old days of kim and corbett on more fm in auckland
They bounced off each other well
Hillay barry was with them for a period

2 Likes

Were there riots in Wellington this afternoon without the (ahem) calming influence of Matinee Idle on the YA? Hasn’t been a public holiday Monday without it for ages… think of all that lost revenue in 20c texts!

1 Like

Seems like they’re phasing the programme out slowly, finally…

Wow, shows just how out of touch you are.
Have you bothered to listen? We’ve listened and they’re actually doing a great job. Apparently a frequency is being sorted with RSM.
Poorly curated mp3?
Sounds like the best station in terms of dynamic range and a meagre amount of traffic.
Perhaps you’d want to edit the comment to be far and add a bit of balance to your flawed opinion….

With the reduction of announcers across the brands is if making for better or
Worse listening

Gary a no show this morning…

Checked out already???

New Promo on More FM

Paul Ego has joined Lana and Adam on The Breakfast Club, and he’s got his credit card out!
He’ll fly you plus one of your friends or family to Rarotonga for five nights with $1,000 cash!You’ll stay at The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga with a daily tropical breakfast.
Every caller that makes it on air (between 6am and 8:50am) will get in the draw. Make sure you’ve got 0800 More FM (0800 667 336) saved and ready to go.
Get on the air, to get in the air only with Lana, Adam and Paul Ego on More FM.