New Zealand Radio

Wow. I can remember when he joined Simon in 2003, doing it with Phil Gifford for six months or so in a transitional period. One of the great successful handovers in history - and that was when the show was only in Christchurch (and maybe Nelson/Dunedin).

Not sure about Jason Gunn - @nztv, seems quite content outside of radio. But who knows!

1 Like

Also announced this morning, Brook Ruscoe leaving the Mai Morning Crew. Gonna be a very different show next year!

1 Like

Presumably Storme slides into breakfast or they move Fame up from drive?

wow gary mccormack leaving more fm
not a listener but he was part
of the furniture for many years

Stats from Mediaworks
Note: No data for TodayFM

That’s because they still don’t have GfK data for Today FM yet. The first survey results for Today FM come out this Thursday!

1 Like

Hasn’t there already been surveys with Today in it? Albeit with some Magic Talk numbers still being included (as last numbers out). Or is that was you mean?

Yeah the last survey re Today FM they said…

MediaWorks Director of News & Talk Dallas Gurney says, “We won’t have a complete national
picture for Today FM until early next year when we will be decoupled from Magic Talk. For the
company, Today FM is a long-term project, so our total focus is continuing to deliver awesome
journalism and talk radio every day.”

So they are probably still not going to mention numbers until next year… unless they’ve had a sudden increase in listeners :wink:

3 Likes

On the same page with you now

Jayden from The Edge has just announced he is leaving as well. Something must be going on. That makes Jayden, Brook, and Gary (Although moving within mediaworks) that announced they’re leaving today

It’s the end of the year. Natural time to change jobs and also when a lot of contracts end.

1 Like

I do agree with you but Jordan from Mai also commented today that after his contract has finished he will say the actual reason he left

interesting!

2022 has been a great year. To me, happy… but sad. MediaWorks is losing, or has lost, a number of its personalities, including (in alphabetical order):

• Mark Dye (Today FM)
  • Mark Eagle (The Breeze - Tauranga)
  • Graeme Hill (Today FM)
  • Jayden King (The Edge)
  • Mark Leishman (Magic)
  • Ali Leonard (The Breeze)
  • Murray Lindsay (Magic)
  • Jordan River (Mai FM)
  • Brook Ruscoe (Mai FM)
  • Danny Watson (Today FM)
  • Sue White (Magic)

Gary McCormick announced recently that, after 18 years, he will be leaving More FM and moving on to co-host a breakfast show on Today FM.

2 Likes

Where’s he gone?

@OnAir I don’t know where Mark Eagle has gone at this time. Over the years he has worked at a variety of radio stations, including Radio 1XX and Sun FM in Whakatane.

Mark was replaced by Max Baird (transferred from More FM’s network daytime slot, i.e. “More FM Workplace Social Club” from 10am-3pm) as co-host of The Breeze’s Tauranga breakfast show with Jolene James - weekdays from 6-10am on The Breeze Tauranga 95.8FM.

1 Like

End of an golden era for More FM.

3 Likes

looks like the usual
end of yeAr clenout
i recall they did this last year

i am an occasional magic listener by default
i was surprised to see 80s music appear in
the playlist
its like trying to be like coast

1 Like

TBH I thought that The Breeze is the Coast’s equivalent, so not too sure what Magic is trying to do, whatever it is, I’m not liking it. It’s pretty sad as I was really enjoying it, had waited 5 years for it to come to my area, and then only 2 years later, all I hear is Whitney bloody Houston or John Farnham.

Yes. I despise music from the '80’s.