New Zealand Radio

twitter and the
media ie stuff having a field day on the interview with the young climate activist
on hdpa show on zb
some very heated comments

Also NZME Christchurch have moved back into the CBD after 11 post earthquake years in an industrial suburb.

1 Like

Indeed. Good radio mind is Matt, but not sure it ended terribly well at Mediaworks.

Predictably have fallen on partisan lines. I didn’t think it was that bad.

I think the initial reason was that was there the ‘new CBD’ was going and a lot of businesses were heading out to Addington to rebuild post quakes (remembering also the previous building was unusable and eventually imploded so time was of the essence). It didn’t quite work out that way. Am sure the city and being close to things again will be a relief for staff and clients alike!

2 Likes

have seen
the building nice and central

Cricket will be on Today FM

5 Likes

Does SENZ have, like, any summer sports rights at this point?

Not locally unless they are going super niche. They had Aussie Big Bash and this year’s Australian Open final I think. I just can’t see it lasting if I’m honest. Making no headway in the ratings.

Would be good to see a return of Radio Pacific. That was really popular, until it was killed off in 2007 - but different times today and now compared to back then.

1 Like

It wasn’t - hence why it was killed off.

According to @OnAir, Radio Pacific ceased to exist as a secondary talk radio network in October 2007 and was replaced by BSport before renaming to LiveSPORT, an extension of the now-defunct RadioLIVE brand, in 2010.

MediaWorks sold LiveSPORT to the TAB and TAB Trackside Radio took over 2015, but ceased in 2020 because of Covid. And in 2021, SENZ came along and began broadcasting on the same frequencies as TAB Trackside Radio.

It was very popular for a long time, though - especially during the mid-to-late 90s. Did it just die off in the later years? Are surveys still available from the mid-2000s? Would be interesting to do a comparison.

Mediaworks looking for a Breakfast and Afternoon announcer for Magic
https://careers.mediaworks.co.nz/jobdetails/ajid/v85n7/Breakfast-Announcer,6595.html
https://careers.mediaworks.co.nz/jobdetails/ajid/hc5n7/Afternoon-Announcer,6596.html

@nztv Looks like Mark Leishman and Murray Lindsay are announcing their respective retirements after all those years in the industry (I think), and Magic is looking for new hosts. I mean, big shoes to fill.

Definitely Paddy. Who would you want to see replace them?

1 Like

@nztv Tim Roxborogh. He had worked in music radio for many years before switching to talk radio (e.g. Newstalk ZB), and would be perfect as Magic’s new breakfast host (replacing Mark Leishman).

And Jason Tikao (or JT). He currently hosts the nights show on Coast and would be perfect as Magic’s new drive host (replacing Murray Lindsay).

2 Likes

i imagine they would have hired from within to replace
ie mark smith on drive
or mark bunting who does a weekend show anyway

another station
countdown the sound hall of fame

Jordan has left the Mai Morning Crew …
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjRA46VLwDt/
“I thought I was going to be around for a while and I wanted to be around for a while but life is life and business is business … the people here at Mai, The new leadership they see Mai going in a different direction. And it’s just not one that I’m a part of”

Brutal.
They better move quickly to replace him cos that’s a big personality gone

2 Likes

Very very weird. Cost cutting?

Odd to drop someone on a Tuesday.

However it was alluded to on a known instagram account last year about some of his behaviour and maybe something has been done about it.

1 Like