New Zealand Radio

Rova now has shakeable ads
I believe this is only on there “digital” stations

Courtney Tairi (from Sky Sport) would be tipped to replace Jordan on Mai’s breakfast show. And for the first time, the Mai Morning Crew would have two female hosts and one male - just like Stace, Mike and Anika on Flava.

that moment you hear the same dj on
two stations at once

the sound had 500 countdown
hall of fame
some surprises in there ie nirvana and pearl jam
but mainly was a repeat of
last years
you can almost work it out before it plays

2 Likes

From More FM Southland Facebook

From this Monday, More FM Southland is live and local here in Southland, every weekday from 6am to 3pm!

If you love Southland’s Breakfast Club with Joe & Steve, we now have our mate Simon kicking off at 10am from right here on Don Street.

Thats former breakfast show host Simon returning full time to front the workday shift. Pretty good for a regional station to have so many hours local

5 Likes

More FM is probably one of the more popular stations down here because of that reason. Having a network feed is more manageable, sure, but it’s the localness of the shows that makes them different from, say, Jono and Ben on The Hits.

1 Like

I believe The Hits Southland is also launching a 9-3 show? Presumably they were taking network before then.

Great news as well. Liv Cochrane doing this shift by the looks of it, was previously part of the the stations local breakfast show that never returned after her maternity leave.

Have the The Hits officially appointed a new network day host? I would get some of the existing local announcers to do ‘pseudo’ local shifts across other markets instead.

On another note, has Ali Leonard left The Breeze? Sarah Van Der Klay listed as day announcer for all stations on their website.

1 Like

The local 9-3pm show on The Hits Dunedin also seems to have been replaced with the network show. Breakfast still local though.

@Reece Hrm. What happened to Tracy Chambers (who used to host The Hits Dunedin’s local daytime show until it was replaced by the network show)?

Ali’s term with MediaWorks has finished and Sarah Van Der Kley, who is based in Christchurch, took over as The Breeze’s local daytime show (10am-3pm) went national as at July 2022, according to Wikipedia and the station’s website.

I believe this was a cost cutting measure.

2 Likes

any upates on who will replace the breakfast and drive hosts
on magic

kudos to the rock…usually get negative press but i saw the interview on with mike king and mental health it was a moving story.piece
and highlights what a broken system we have…sad to see

First radio changes for 2023 coming through …

5 Likes

makes you wonder what 2023
has in store

Days host Storme Hitaua leaving Flava as well. Mai were advertising for an announcer recently…

Today FM Overnights - Johnny Staiger has recently left. Brin Rudkin new producer for Polly Gillespie. Angie Skerrett now Mon-Tues. Have heard ex bFM host Mikey Havoc filling in a bit recently on Nights.

2 Likes

That will be a shame for the Saturday breakfast show he does on ZM, hopefully he gets replaced so it remains a duo.

Enjoyed Johnny when he was producing for Polly at the beginning, how many producers has she had now…

1 Like

She’s been through a few producers already…

Yeah. Johnny, Slaine, Rorie, now Brin. Lol It was quite funny hearing her put on the crocodile tears last night pretending she was upset about the latest one leaving.

1 Like