New Zealand Radio

I understand your need for urgency. Not my decision as to when it plays but I’m sure it will be good when it does air.

1 Like

$50,000!! Outrageous and I am someone that does support funds going into NZ journalism primarily because so many stories would otherwise go uncovered now by news organisations.

But is Tova really going to get anything better that hasn’t been covered already months down the line other than a few generic references relating it back to NZ. Mediaworks obviously don’t, hence why they have $50,000 of NZ on Air money to do it rather than foot the bill themselves.

1 Like

Yeah the more I think about it, it’s an astonishing waste of taxpayer money - while being a great interview to get - it doesn’t enrich NZ storytelling.

3 Likes

That looks so photoshopped.

Then again using this $50,000 means that they can keep that money that they would have spent themselves being used on local stories.

2 Likes

As they filmed it I wonder if I will be played on tv?

1 Like

Prime are showing it.

3 Likes

Just a random observation
After been down for about 18 months I have noticed 94.2 The Rock Tauranga online stream is working again on the ROVA app.

Good to be able to listen to a bit of The Rock again when I want to from here in Oz

@Reece @Michael_Eccles @OnAir I am informed that Prime will be screening a Tova O’Brien special called “Tova Meets Zelensky” at 7.30pm next Monday (22 August).

Today FM’s Tova O’Brien sits down with President Volodymyr Zelensky for an exclusive interview to hear first-hand his response to New Zealand’s support of Ukraine in the face of Russia’s illegal invasion.

Will it be Today FM branded?

Most likely minimal branding. But I wouldn’t put it past them to promote the station during it.

1 Like

Great Spinoff piece about the history of Channel Z.

2 Likes

This is good, too, about The Platform:

1 Like
1 Like

What was he doing before then? Thought he was in that role already?

I believe he was a producer/setup producer, Tom and Ella are switching roles.

1 Like

Kid looks like a gun from his work so far.

Ella Prendergast posted to her Linkedin

A little bit surreal that this time next week I’ll be on my way to Verona, Italy, to live. Stoked to share with you guys though that I’ll be staying on with Today FM as a set up producer for Tova, with the time zone difference providing the perfect solution to the demanding hours of breakfast radio.

3 Likes

Beneath The Glass Ceiling NZ Instagram

:thinking:

interesting article about channel z
and their turbulent
history