New Zealand Radio

I double checked the numbers, and that 12.2 for Breeze is the largest share for any music station in Auckland since Mai had a 12.4 in 2002.

2 Likes

2022 Radio Awards Winners

Watch at 56:48 Fletch, Vaughan & Megan win Best Network Team Show… is it just me or does Megan’s speech feel very… pointed.

4 Likes

Yes, it does. Poor Megan, shafted from a top breakfast show to The Hits. At least they weren’t attending in person, how awkward would that have been for all concerned.

3 Likes

Trying to out-Hosking Hosking, is she? An exercise in futility, surely. I give it until the end of next year. MW are just desperate to have their own ZB but it just ain’t happening.

1 Like

You might notice on The Edge website from today, their website had an rebrand. Along with the other shows now have their placeholders uploaded reflecting on the new website.

4 Likes

2 Likes

It screams ‘The Hits’. Not skewing young so much.

2 Likes

Reminds me of Westpac

4 Likes

The Edge’s advertisements do poke fun at Westpac. Right?

The Edge targets all people aged 18-39, including those with a youthful energy. The Hits targets 30-49 with a female skew.

1 Like

Hot mess. Playin’ up. Huge mood.
Sounds funny, right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bryan Crump to leave Nights on RNZ National, to drive on RNZ Concert.

I’m told a replacement for Susie Ferguson on Morning Report will have to be based in Auckland.

With Susie Ferguson leaving and a replacement yet to be confirmed, RNZ’s Morning Report will be based between Auckland and Wellington. Corin Dann will continue to co-anchor Morning Report from RNZ headquarters in Wellington.

Moving from a talk programme to music hosting on a much lower rating station (albeit in a better slot) seems like a bit of demotion…

Crump does an awesome job holding together a long and difficult slot in a chilled out manner.

And yes, RNZ’s advert specifies Auckland based. As it was under Robinson / Mercep and Espiner / Ferguson. With Espiner filling all this week I assume the programme was Auckland / Wellington hybrid this week.

2 Likes

I think Tova + Mark Richardson could be interesting. They’d balance each other out politically.
Leah + Graeme Hill on afternoons. Better all round imo.

I think Graeme Hill would be too quirky for afternoons.

Not surprised Mark has gone. Always an odd fit.

Maybe the deliberate role of second fiddle wasn’t what it was cracked up to be for him. The show is built around Tova so probably won’t make a large difference with his exit.

Have to say I don’t get to listen often, but I am enjoying Mark Richardson on talkback, quite entertaining. Marc Peard also good when he chimes in with Mark and Leah. A better listen than James and Simon on ZB.

Lol, O’Brien and Richardson would skew heavily right of centre, not balance each other out…

:upside_down_face:

1 Like