New Zealand Radio

Odd that you’d comment this in response to Laura’s interview in the NZ Herald and not, say, a promo for Danny Watson’s post-heart attack interview… something that is actually being broadcast on the radio.

2 Likes

So your assessment is this: Someone who has struggled with fertility, has had miscarriages, and speaks out is doing so just for the attention? It sounds like you have a personal gripe with the host in question, and potentially with women in the media, in general.

I’ll be honest I haven’t read/listened to what she has said but I’m sure many other people who have might have learned something, even though you might not find what she has to say is useful information. You probably haven’t read/listened to her story either.

Try this: If you’re not interested, you don’t have to read/listen. Just carry on living.

3 Likes

More ramblings from someone trying to protect their cynical and outdated views on today’s media landscape. You’re a has-been - that’s why your account is called “The Radio Vault” because you’re stuck in the past. A “stuck record” they used to say.

Might I suggest you try and catch up with the rest of us who are leaving you behind.

And if you’re going to try and argue against me, at least get your facts in order first. I did not try to have your posts removed from this thread. I made a suggestion regarding The Platform’s inclusion within the New Zealand Radio thread when it is not a radio platform - it’s a streaming platform, and I wondered if it would be better to discuss The Platform in a thread more appropriate.

1 Like

Ok, let’s play the issue not the person please.

Hardly an insult… but “ok boomer” :wink:

1 Like

Definitely agree. Over-sharing in radio and elsewhere is too much for me. I’m not interested.

1 Like

The “sonic refresh” sounded bland on my FM radio this morning… dated, frumpy, like it was due to be retired already. I can’t imagine how terrible it must sound on AM.

It sounded a little too “Australian network news” for my liking. Where’s the personality in it?

1 Like

ZM has brought back custom song intros. They are simple and a a lot better than The Edge’s overproduced ones.

is that just for new music?

The popular songs in NZ right now (e.g. Mr. Reggae, Middle Of The Night) where the artist says “Hey, this is <the artists’ name>” and the voiceover goes “Hit Music, Play ZM”. They haven’t done those in years.

To be honest, I miss the Hit Music Lives Here slogan, but other companies have ruined it when they used the “Lives Here” as their tagline (Trade Me, Mobil). Their new slogan is a lot better than the old one.

1 Like

I loved the Midday Report music, not so sure about this new tune.

2 Likes

Did they change up Midday Report as well?

Yeah we will also hear new music for Checkpoint as well

Got to say very underwhelming. Very meh for a lack of any better words.

7 Likes

So Cam Wallace has an incentive scheme, a very lucrative one too, to try and sell MediaWorks.

MediaWorks boss Cam Wallace has inked a potential lucrative deal tied to his ability to find new owners for the radio and outdoor advertising business.

The accounts record the value of these options - entitling Wallace to 1.5 per cent of any sale price excess above $175m and the ability to buy 1.5 per cent of shares in the company for $300,000 - as presently being worth $2.2m.

Maybe Discovery will take a look? lol

4 Likes

@OnAir According to Mark Bunting - who had been the voice of Hamilton and the Waikato for many years and taken over from Bob Gentil as host of Magic’s Sunday morning slot (6am-12pm) recently - Magic now broadcasts to Hamilton on 104.2FM, despite the fact that the Hamilton frequency is not listed on Magic’s website, magic.co.nz.

UPDATE: As mentioned by @Mechsta, Magic only broadcasts from the Hamilton Towers transmitter. It supplies just 100 watts of power and involves covering the Hamilton area, including the CBD. If you’re within the Waikato region but live outside of Hamilton, the 104.2FM signal does not reach everywhere - so you may need to listen to Magic via live streaming on its website or on the rova app.

From the RSM website. 104.2 licence holder Mediaworks Radio limited with 100w ERP and transmitting from the Hamilton CBD.

He hosted a couple of Today FM’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ shows (6pm - 6am) since launch but they don’t have an announcer now … music only.

Thank God some things have stayed the same since Magic Talk (said no one ever)

2 Likes