New Zealand Radio

I’ve heard that Rova is going through an upgrade along with all the MW digital sites (possibly being combined into one platform, instead of separate sites for each station). Rova has hired a content director, music director and podcasts executive producer recently.

2 Likes

Some icons Still need updating

New ZM pics

Also new More FM night host (Mon - Thu)

Great to see ZM doing their bit for equality by having women on air in every daypart :wink:

Also, is Pledge the sponsor or the announcer’s name!?

Pledge your allegiance to Sam in Christchurch instead?

2 Likes

Ha! I see what you did there.

Only their flagship shows; FVH and B&C have new promo photos, not all ZM shows.

Fletch, Vaughan & Hayley

Bree & Clint

3 Likes

ZM’s branding/marketing is so much better than The Edge.

2 Likes

Just went to @anon36025973’s YouTube channel a short time ago and, although it is off-topic, I am informed that Roger Farrelly (‘Rog’, ‘Big Dog’), of The Rock’s Morning Rumble fame, was a contestant on what was then ‘New Zealand’s richest quiz show’, Sale of the Century. It aired on TVNZ in 1990.

Jenny Marcroft is back reading the news - on Today FM tonight.

3 Likes

Nice!

The entire station is better than the edge

3 Likes

You’re right haha.

1 Like
7 Likes

Very formal, quite stuffy and full of its own importance…summed up RNZ quite well (kidding).

7 Likes

Hahaha. Nailed it

I just can’t wait to hear them talk through the latter part of their sonic doughnut on the 6am bulletin on Morning Report!

1 Like

I can see your point but sharing these sorts of intimate details and personal/life struggles adds a human element that I think listeners don’t often register with radio (and TV) personalities. Yes, we ALL have our own issues - and that includes celebrities (if you want to call them that) - and perhaps their own experience can help someone else going through a similar situation.

4 Likes