New Logo?

Just quietly, its my favourite so far (sorry to @moe and @watvvideos, who I know put a lot of effort in)

We might let this run for another week or so and then pick a winner - ZOMG Relaunch Imminent?!?

3 Likes

I’ll be the first to do it…

:rotating_light: !!!RELAUNCH!!! :rotating_light:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and appreciation. Seems that a lot of people are attached to the Orange, I personally prefer the black or white variant of my logo.

I will do some slight tweaking to mine and submit my final piece this afternoon :grin: Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Don’t be constrained by what people are currently attached to - I’m certainly not attached to the orange

2 Likes

A Couple of options from me…

5 Likes

Perhaps taking inspiration from Australian media changes we should rename the forum.

9 Spy has a nice ring to it

1 Like

Another idea

5 Likes

I like it too. To be more specific, I like it because it’s modern, flat and simple. Coloring it in fully orange looks alright, too (not that it must be orange or anything)

13 Likes

Feeling a little retro?

Or

Spy2

Might look a bit too much like a logo from an LP!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Media Spy Relaunch Project
Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 (Updated Thursday, January 9th)
Zacgb

Here is my final design, there are some slight differences, for example, the dot above “i” in “media” is slightly larger, complementing a realigned “signal” icon. The thickness of the word “Spy” is also ever so slightly thicker.

I also was playing with the colour Orange, trying to implement the colour into my logo, a lot of people seem attached to the Orange, and I don’t blame anyone, looking back at internet archives suggests Orange has always been in the site’s theme, however, I believe we should start off fresh and clean :grin:

The internet “signal” icon plays a large role in my design, almost the site’s primary icon. As many media outlets and mediums shift towards the internet, I think it’s fitting that we as a site reflect that.

Proposed Media Spy Logo - Light Theme

Proposed Media Spy Logo - Dark Theme

Realigned Icon

Proposed Media Spy Slogan - Potential Advertising Purposes

Proposed Media Spy Awards Logo

This logo is the only instance where the Media Spy “Orange” comes into play, I thought it would be fitting to design a logo with a touch of Orange alluding to the history of this site.

Application of Logo - Various

These next few captures demonstrates the new look and the website with my proposed logo. It also highlights how the the “signal” icon can be used as a complimentary asset for the site’s new look.

Media Spy Newsfeed

Browsing archive material of this site suggests that we once had a news section/user generated news. Perhaps this is something we can get into later in the future. Discourse has a great newsfeed plugin.

Facebook Advertisement - Example

Other/Miscellaneous

Wouldn’t this be nice :wink:

Comparison - Old Vs New

38 Likes

Shit you’re too good man!! You must be a graphic /logo designer aye?

3 Likes

A Mediaspy Application? I think it will be great!

3 Likes

Thanks mate, nope, all self taught, besides the occasional moc I create for this site, I rarely delve into graphic design. I am an artist though, so maybe that’s where that comes into play :wink:

looks so professional, man! props to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: that makes it even more impressive! Bloody awesome work!

1 Like

Lovely mocks here, absolutely beautiful works!

1 Like

I really like the “For all Media Enthusiasts” slogan.

Of the proposed designs we’ve seen so far, yours is probably going to win or at least come very close to it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There are some really amazing designs and designers out there :heart:

I just wanted to get a chance to get back with everyone’s feedback in regards of mine. Also lowercase version has been added as well.

11 Likes

The magnifying glass looks quite innovative to me!:wink:

1 Like

Very nice. Like the slight gradient and Media Spy being in caps. :slight_smile:

1 Like