New Formats

If it will be on 10, I think it will go to either Friday or Saturday nights. 10’s Saturday night line-up is looking more dire with new episodes of US dramas not available due to the current writers and actors strike.

Too expensive to waste on a Friday or Saturday surely? I don’t think we’ll ever see big shiny shows debut on those nights ever again

1 Like
2 Likes

Gladiators might end up like Ultimate Tag or Holey Moley?

1 Like

Probably, although it will do a little better as there will be the initial nostalgia factor.

1 Like

I wish they would bring back Who Dares Wins .

1 Like

America’s Got Talent: Fantasy League

So like The Voice?

TBI reports Whose Line Is It Anyway? and UK factual format Rich House, Poor House have both been optioned for Australia, but no broadcasters have been revealed.

https://tbivision.com/2023/10/03/news-round-up-newen-snags-paramounts-serial-killers-npo-amazon-extend-hat-trick-deals-filmrise-buys-buzzfeed-studios-library/

Mark Fennessy’s production company Helium has optioned French format The A Talks for Australia and NZ. The shows sees popular celebrities facing a group of 30 interviewers, each of whom has ASD (autism spectrum disorder). The interviewers then pose a raft of surprising, unpredictable, sometimes funny and sometimes poignant questions to the celebrity, prompting more honest responses.

https://tbivision.com/2023/10/02/exclusive-frances-the-a-talks-lands-in-spain-with-options-struck-in-uk-australia-nordics/

3 Likes

“Whose Line” is actually being shopped to networks here for the second time. Channel 10 partnered with Foxtel to co-produce the previous version during Packer/Murdoch ownership.

3 Likes

Sth Korean Reality Mind Game, The Genius is getting a British version with ITV

I’m watched a season of the Korean show, and it’s a good intense show. I doubt there will be an Aussie Version (a little niche and too Intelligent for a general Aus audience), but curious to see how this goes.

1 Like
2 Likes

New reality show “based on the James Bond franchise”.

What would you do for a million pounds? From the producers of the James Bond films, nine pairs of everyday people take on a series of Bond-inspired challenges under the watchful eye of ‘The Controller’ (Brian Cox). The contestants are unleashed on an epic global adventure for a shot at each winning a life-changing million pound prize.

Nine pairs of everyday people are unleashed on an epic global adventure through a series of Bond-inspired challenges, for a shot at winning a life-changing £1,000,000 prize.

and it’s a dog apparently…

Given the success of 1% Club as a “play-along sensation”, I would love to see how an Aussie version of Jimmy Carr’s I Literally Just Told You would go on Aussie TV.

It is the perfect format for a channel looking to emulate 1%’s success for Ch7 - a game viewers can play along with (with memory & recalling events from the show) with a lot of contestant banter with a comedian. It is also different enough to avoid being called out as shamelessly ripping off an established format.

4 Likes

It is a very good show and format.

4 Likes

Working Dog solution for Channel 10 Mondays before Have you been paying attention starts in May, or maybe Wednesdays :grinning:

2 Likes

Or 7, any weeknight. Lol.

2 Likes