New Formats

Did a little digging and this is a Warner bros concept:

1 Like

New BBC 2 show with the working title Bring The Drama will try to find UK’s next acting superstar. Only 6 episodes so not suitable for Australia :wink:

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be seen by some of the UK’s leading casting directors and talent agents. The very best candidate will get the chance of representation with a top agent AND best of all, their big break… a role in a BBC drama.

The new six-part series, Bring The Drama (w/t), is being produced by multi-award-winning Wall To Wall Media for BBC Two and BBC iPlayer. The application process is now open and aspiring actors can apply here

Update 19/4: TV Tonight says ITV Studios Australia has acquired Australian rights to the show.

1 Like

I presume a US series ran late nights on Nine occasionally in recent years.

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe 7 should try I Kissed A Boy - Dannii Minogue’s new UK show? Could be in a later timeslot but if it shows some interest, develop an Aussie version

I’m sure Seven’s audience from the Stone age will lap it up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m sure they could test out the UK version first… especially on 7 plus.

1 Like

7 edited out a same sex kiss on Home and Away , I doubt they would air this.

With reality on the nose, networks are going to have to start to look to event television again.

Is it time to give Gladiators another go? I could see Nine or Seven doing it?

UK are reviving it and it’s not as though it tanked when Seven did it in 2008. It just never came back.

1 Like

Nine arguably already had their version of event TV which was Ninja Warrior, which eventually failed because they messed around with it too much and it became repetitive.

Though with the way their new shows like Rush and The Summit failing, perhaps they might give it new life next year or something. Gladiators on the other hand, seems quite cheesy for today’s Australian TV audience.

Eureka to produce a local version of the CBS series Tough As Nails which is hosted by The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan.

Local versions have also been produced in Belgium, The Netherlands and Denmark.

Bets on which network this is going to and who will front this series?

My guess would be it’s for 10, hosted by Beau Ryan, for obvious reasons.

1 Like

I think Barry Du Bois could host the local version of Tough as Nails if he is up to it. He was the DIY expert on The Renovators and The Living Room.

Wouldn’t mind Barry if it was headed to 10, don’t know how relevant his DIY expertise are for this show given renovating isn’t part of the format, but his tv hosting experience could be a good fit.

Looks like you might be onto something

https://twitter.com/lukedennehy/status/1681219059785011200?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

4 Likes

I know Seven’s on the lookout for even more recycled stuff from the Stone Age as part of their lineup.

4 Likes

That means audience tickets should be available soon.

1 Like

Interesting! I guess we will see!

Word on the street is it’s heading to 10.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2023/07/19/reality-tv-classic-contest-gladiators-set-to-return-to-australian-screens/

2 Likes