Network Ten post-CBS

You’re forgetting the 5pm segment of the game shows on Seven and Nine. Ten News is usually 2nd and sometimes first in total people and nearly always first in the 25-54 demo across the full hour.

If they want a cheap format, They could do a show like On This Day and use old Ten News footage for events that happened on that day in years gone by. If its pre-recorded, they could give WIN TV a copy of the show to air earlier in the day or present a late night encore before The Project encore

How will Ten cover the rumoured forthcoming wedding of Prince Henry of Wales and Miss Rachel Meghan Markle? Will it be covered by The Project or Studio 10, or will Lisa Wilkinson anchor the coverage? Ten has traditionally gone low budget on events like this, or done nothing. I imagine they will splash out for this wedding under the CBS ownership.

Hosted by Lisa with either Joel, Waleed or Grant with interviews with Angela Bishop and some international reporters from CBS aligned stations?

I’m sure Kev Golsby would love to do the voice overs, but I don’t think it would rate.

1 Like

Maybe not, but unless they are willing to spend big and try and get some of Seven and Nines bigger star reporters, then it is probably going to remain Family feud or a low budget show like I suggested

Whatever CBS do to Ten will be great! To have people run the company who actually make TV is fantastic! In the end… news is cheap to produce so hopefully they’ll expand and enhance like they’ve said! :+1:

4 Likes

I like this line up.

4.00 pm Neighbours
4.30 pm Bold & Beautiful
5.00 pm Ten News Melbourne @ Five (Stephen Quartermain + Rebecca Maddern)
6.00 pm Ten News Melbourne @ Six (Peter Mitchell)
6.30 pm The Project
7.30 pm Reality Format
8.30 pm Australian Production - drama/comedy/variety/tonight show format
9.30 pm Ten News Melbourne (Peter Mitchel)
10.00 pm National News Program
10.30 pm - American Programming from CBS

Also I think extending the Project to Saturdays might help…

10 Likes

^Probably the best mock lineup so far.

2 Likes

Obviously it wouldn’t be ten news Melbourne in say Sydney?

Are you serious??

1 Like

Chill out.

1 Like

? It’s quite obvious they wouldn’t schedule Ten News Melbourne in Sydney, Brisbane etc three times a night. So why the question?

2 Likes

As for breakfast tv, how many millions of dollars were wasted on Breakfast and Wake Up? I hope CBS are aware of those failures and don’t try a third time to lose more millions.

At the very least, target a different audience at breakfast. Either 16-39 or kids.

Agro and Cheez TV were staples in the 90s for kids. Have we ever had a 16-39 breakfast program in Australia?

There’s a breakfast show aimed at kids currently airing on free to air TV: It’s called Toasted TV on Eleven!

2 Likes

A breakfast show starting at 6:30am or 7am running until 8:30am. Maybe insert music clips into the show, maybe one every half hour as a lead in to the ad break before the news and maybe after the final news update (possibly at 8:25am)

Isn’t that breakfast radio? Why would you need to watch it?

3 Likes

Its a bit of tongue and cheek man.

They used to do that on GMA back in the 1990s and since they had AMV on Seven, I just thought it would add something a little different to what could be another mundane breakfast show

1 Like

Sadly, a total dud of a program that should’ve been axed years ago.

That’s exactly what they should do for tv. A Kyle & Jackie O style program for tv.