Network Ten post-CBS

I was thinking it could be possible to align it with a similar formula to Nine averaging it at 1 hours per night

Had a look at the CBS NY and LA schedules for this weekend, both stations have an hour of paid programs during the day on Saturday. I think it is too much of a hope that Ten will drop paid programming.

3 Likes

One can always hope they choose to move some infomercials to 11 and reduce them on Ten

It’s highly unlikely that Ten will substantially remove paid programing from the schedule for reasons that need absolutely no explanation…

4 Likes

Also noted that the CBS owned LA independent station KCAL has five hours of paid programs late morning to early afternoon on Sundays, and a couple of hours overnight.

I am just thinking that if they were to look at any nights, it should be Friday and Saturday, especially given they air 4 to 5 hours Friday night and 3 hours followed by religion on Saturday. I am not suggesting that they remove the 23 hours they air a week of infomercials to 11 or one, but maybe if they moved 10 to 15 hours to bring it in line with either channel 7 that has 14 hours a week plus 30 mins of religion or Nine that airs 7 and a half hours plus 30 mins of religion, it may make them more competitive.

Ten needs to look for a competitive advantage to boos performance

Who cares about a competitive advantage between midnight and 5am?

7 Likes
1 Like

It’s a bit old school and not exactly on-demographic, but I would love “Sunday” to make a revival. I use to love the laid-back, reflective, Sunday Newspaper Magazine feel of it all. TEN use to do Sunday politics well too with Meet The Press.

12 Likes

Good idea, though it’s probably more cost effective to run Studio 10 repeats.

3 Likes

That set is amazing!

3 Likes

It depends on one big thing, will CBS want to spend money on TEN to bring it up to being competitive again. It would be good if TEN end its religion by 7am on Sunday mornings and air something of value. I can accept not a lot of people watch TV that early on a Sunday, BUT, there are some people up. Even if they replace it with cooking and lifestyle shows, even a repeat of The Living Room or Family Feud All-Stars would be better than whats on offer on TEN atm between 7am and 8:30am Sundays

1 Like

TEN could be a news program of the week in review like they used to. At one point, they had Meet The Press and Newsweek between 8am and 9am Sundays. Perhaps they could revive Newsweek and have one of the Ten Network news reporters do the introductions for it. Say if showed news stories of national significance only, they could have one presenter do it such as Sandra Sully.

Again it will depend on if they want to spend money to produce such a show

2 Likes

Sully would be ideal for a week-in-review show - at least it would give her national exposure again, which she deserves.

3 Likes

A lot of US commercial stations have some religion programs on Sunday morning, including those owned by the four big networks. Most of the programs on Ten are paid programs, so unlikely to be dropped unless something more profitable is put there. Though Mass For You At Home is not a paid program, (and neither is Wesley Impact on Nine to my knowledge).

2 Likes

Pretty good for a 50 year old set!

Actually, this is the new set premiering this week - the first major re-design in 40 years.

Still on CBS News - Oprah has joined the 60 Minutes team as a special contributor.

2 Likes

Which was reported here by another member about a week ago. :wink:

Looks pretty bloody similar to the old set

I swear I’ve seen that sun logo on the back of hippie vans before.

2 Likes

Seems a little Argentinian to me.