Network Ten post-CBS

WIN is a seperate company and CBS has no control over that.

Possibly the CBS eye blinks to ten? They used to have that as an element when widescreen was a new thingā€¦

3 Likes

I think a smart and bold move would be to ditch 1 and 11 and effectively run Ten and CBS as two primary channels with background efficiencies (though they would of course, counterprogram each other as to not compete).

However, they hardly have enough premium content to fill one channel let along two.

I could see

(eye) TEN
(eye) TEN Drama
(eye) TEN Reality
(eye) TEN Action

etc.

I watched the later channels (branded CBS Dramaā€¦) in Ireland a few months ago.

1 Like

Letā€™s shift back to content. Ten have reportedly nabbed rights to the Melbourne Cup.

6 Likes

Donā€™t even think about mentioning Ireland.

1 Like

Good news to have the Cup back on Ten :trophy:

6 Likes

Now waiting for re-branding / sponsorship suggestions: The CBS All Access Melbourne Cup :wink:

5 Likes

Well Iā€™d be expecting All Access to launch around November given the promotional push Ten could mount.

Rights start in 2019 for Ten.

1 Like

So thereā€™s a strong possibility we may be seeing the CBS Eye logo more frequently in TENā€™s branding since itā€™s already in usage in-house on Stationary? Interesting to see how TENā€™s On-Air Presentation shapes up next yearā€¦ :open_mouth:

Oooo that would look great.

What sort of older content would we see on CBS All Access ? I ask because Iā€™m sure most CBS titles are either tied to Stan or free to air networksā€¦

Would shows like 2 Broke Girls be possibly on CBS All Access or is this a WB show ? I canā€™t think of any CBS titles from the last 5 to 10 years that could be on their serviceā€¦ could they have shows like older streamable seasons of Big Bang Theory? Even NCIS and Hawaii 5-0 are on Amazon Prime Video Australia. Will we see a lot of duplication?

Who knows? CBS back catalogue that isnā€™t exclusive to Stan etc will be on there. I am sure theyā€™re buying rights to things on the open market that hasnā€™t got a deal here. Thereā€™s plenty of content out there that we arenā€™t seeing on any service here so theyā€™re probably quietly buying rights to programming.

Thereā€™s Hulu content that hasnā€™t been purchased here that could also be bought.

2 Likes

Yeah Hulu shows have been going to Amazon Prime Video eg The Path, The Looming Tower and sometimes SBS (The Mindy Project) so will be interested to see what turns up on it when CBS All Access launches.

There will be the new Start Trek series with Captain Picard and The Twilight Zone. Lots of back catalogue to choose from; who knows in the US you can watch every season of Survivor.

1 Like

I know a lot of dedicated Survivor fans who are very excited for All Access, especially if there is the ability to fast-track series.

Survivor is already fastracked same day as the US on 9GO, so I dont see that as a huge attraction.

1 Like

Canā€™t speak for every Survivor Fan but I am excited. If our All-Access is anything like the US All-Access, we should get the entire American Survivor series.

I will definitely join if i get every survivor season.

Doesnā€™t Nine own the rights to the American Survivor?