Network Ten and Paramount+ Football coverage

It would just make sense for 10 to purchase the rights from SBS. They wouldn’t even have anyone left presenter wise?

1 Like

from what ive heard, i expect sbs to cover the 2022 world cup

and if they did on sell again to the likes of optus, at this stage i still think sbs cover at least one game per matchday(so 22 games minimum) similar to 2018 before optus streaming issues, and sbs likely again with exclusive martin tyler commentary(potentially his last world cup, but i predict his last will be 2026 in usa)

lets see what happens

I’d say so.

Yes, the press release is for 10 and Paramount+. 10 will only show Australian (Socceroos/Matildas) matches.

Who is going to cover the next few Matildas games, when I saw a tweet by a FOX Sports host that they covered the last Matildas game last night. Considering 10’s deal doesn’t actually start til August 1.

There aren’t any games until then.

3 Likes

Statement from Asian Football Confederation

Dato’ Windsor John, the AFC General Secretary, said: “The AFC is pleased to announce this partnership with Football Australia, and we are confident that this partnership will not only bring the AFC’s world-class competitions closer to millions of fans, but also grow the passion and consumption of the game in Australia.

“I would like to applaud Football Australia for sharing the AFC’s ambitions to ensure football continues to maintain its place as the Continent’s most popular sport through this unique partnership.”

1 Like

Am I reading too much into this? Archie Thompson joining Celebrity MasterChef which could mean he is joining 10’s Soccer coverage?

1 Like

Expect a former Socceroo and Matilda to be on the next season of I’m a Celebrity

1 Like

We could even have a current A-League or W-League player appearing as special guest on the upcoming season of The Bachelorette.

1 Like

Ten should bring back World Football News magazine program.

5 Likes

So the 10/p+ deal includes wcq afc r3 and playoffs, so if Australia are in the AFC r3 5th place one leg playoff late May/early June and the 2 legged intercontinental playoff v south america 5th or oceania 1st or concacaf 4th in June that will be included

The r3 wcq afc draw the Socceroos will be in - 2 groups of 6 - will be made Thursday July 1…the neutral venue for the afc r4 5th place playoff will also be announced at the draw for r3…likely draw seeding to be announced June 18: pot 1 japan, iran…pot 2 south korea, australia…pot 3 saudi arabia, iraq…pot 4 uae, china…pot 5 syria, oman…pot 6 vietnam, lebanon

Will be interesting to see when FIFA actually do the draw to see which confederations meet in the two June 2022 two legged playoffs, its usually been done at least and year or two in advance but this cycle, with no actual preliminary draw, and with the schedule shifted so many times due to covid, its hard to say when that draw will be…maybe not until late March, when the South American 5th, Oceania 1st and CONCACAF 4th nations are known…then after the late May/early June Asian 5th playoff, it will be a quick turnaround for that Asian nation, potentially Australia for the two legged tie v one of the likes of Colombia, Uruguay, NZ, Honduras, El Salvaor in June

With world cup 2026 and beyond being 48 nations, and asia getting 8 direct spots, 2022 is likely the last time the Socceroos would ever need to be in the additional playoffs, as its hard to see them not being top 8 (probably 2026 onwards it would still be two groups of 6 in r3, with top 4 in each group progressing…then both 5th place playoff to be the afc 9th team in the fifa 6 nation playoff, having to win 2 one leg playoffs, with 2 world cup spots available)

if afc qualifying further disrupted, it will be interesting to see what AFC do, and how covid will impact Socceroos 5 home and 5 away r3 qualifiers September 2021 to March 2022

1 Like

Is it Serie A?

Who is in the mix for p+/10 football presenter/pundit/commentator roles?

Is their first live game Aug 3 FFA Cup, 2 days after p+ launches Aug 1?

will be interesting to see if bein keep serie a for 2021-22 to 2023-24, we will find out soon

Is that round-of-32 or playoffs?

I just scrolled up to the post of VictorianSun who mentioned r32 starts Aug 3

The service launches August 11.

1 Like

The games pre-P+ launch would be on Youtube I’d say.

1 Like