Network Ten 2018

So technically longest running Australian series contender? Or did My Kitchen Rules go longer? lol

1 Like

Home and Away and Neighbours go longer.

2 Likes

Why! The first series of these same Ten/ABC programs under different names was ok, but it quickly became too self indulgent and there was zero of the promised science just bizarre explanations how he was going to hurt himself.

Assuming it runs for a couple more weeks - that is just 29 episodes. Compares to 4/5 night per weeks dramas and MKR at 47.

1 Like

Yeah soapies, different type of shows. they only run Gogglebox in short periods and a normal series for an entertainment/reality show runs 3 months at most.

Sorry was mistaken as you said longest australian series…

Yes I know what you’re like and I won’t bite.

1 Like

Huh? What on earth do you expect. Their ownership is still formally up in the air and CBS haven’t had the time or probably the access to do what they need to do.

1 Like

Time Warner has stated that CNN is not for sale if the Department of Justice expects it to be sold so that the proposed merger with AT&T can be approved … however if it was for sale Les Moonves has said that CBS would be interested in buying CNN. That would beef up Ten’s news if CNN was exclusive to them.

The 2018 line-up looks underwhelming so far because it was being done on a small budget. Once CBS takes ownership of Ten and money flows in, Ten will commission more shows.
I reckon the Pilot Week will occur during the finals week of MasterChef to capitalise on the big audience lead-in.

5 Likes

I think people need to stop saying that.

I’d say that CBS will take it easy. Everyone keeps thinking they’re going to pour truckloads of money into Ten. I think they’ll just be making slow and steady changes along the way.

3 Likes

While I think Pilot Week is by all means a CBS idea (especially since there is precious little information about it provided at the upfronts apart from the concept), I think everything else seen would have been presented at a Murdoch/Gordon owned Ten. Most of the 2018 decisions would have been set in stone 6 months ago or more, that’s just how business works.

6 Likes

Only decent moves are some scripted comedy. That’s a point of difference from the other networks.

Nothing really new in the reality formats. Bachelor in paradise is just another bachelor.

Nothing new in news and current affairs but that’s probably the dregs of the former owners.

Good to see Les Moonves there. Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow from the judges final call.

3 Likes

A shame, but I’m expecting some type of announcement at the start of the year, when Lisa starts.

Friday, not tomorrow.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

8 Likes

Friday is tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For fucks sake.

Exam block has fucked me over.

7 Likes

Clearly this mcgarvey woman has got to go after her continual programming failures. CBS won’t stand for this crap.

No innovation or risks at all.

I didn’t expect much and to be honest it looks like they have enough content to get them through until after the Masterchef period probably the perfect amount of time for the new owners or CBS to make a few changes.