Network 10 2022

I’m more impressed with the commissions for Paramount+ than I am for what they’ve announced for 10 but there are some nice commissions in there.

Is BachNation a new show? Separate to Bachelor and Bachelorette?

Aside from the tentpoles we saw this year there is only like what 2 new shows? Hunted and Would I Lie to you… bit underwhelming.

1 Like

BachNation is what they call the franchise as a whole.

3 Likes

Upfronts are not all we’ll see next year, commissions are made right through the year.

They’re just a tease to advertisers, so you’ll now only ever one 2-3 new announcements from each network at upfronts.

Heaps of shows aren’t announced at upfronts:

The Cheap Seats
The Hundred
The Weakest Link
Big Brother VIP

Just to name a few.

Graphics from the final montage

4 Likes

First Dates is new to 10.

1 Like

Ten have announced that The Cheap Seats will be return next year.

Not sure why you’re mentioning The Weakest Link & Big Brother VIP here, as they’re on Nine & Seven respectively.

Old format though, so until further notice I’d only say there are two (three if you count The First Inventors, held over from this year) genuinely new programs coming to the network in 2022.

Everything else is very “same old, same old” IMO. The local programming being commissioned for Paramount+ should get a run on Ten instead of triple Bull on Wednesday nights!

The First Inventors mentioned in the 2022 press release, was supposed to air this year but was pushed back.

1 Like

At the end of the day, regardless of all the other announcements, Bull is coming back. That’s all that really matters.

6 Likes

I’m well aware of that. You obviously have not followed the conversation.

Ryan said not much announced today then Killy said to Ryan not everything is announced at an upfront so I gave examples of programs that have aired during the year that weren’t at last years upfronts.

1 Like

Not mentioned during the upfronts or press release but confirmed as returning:

Ambulance Australia
The Secret She Keeps
My Life Is Murder
Pilot Week

To be decided:

Bondi Rescue
The Cube
Territory Cops
How To Stay Married

No mention at all:

Todd Sampson series
Celebrity Gogglebox
Kinne Tonight
Teams on 10 (10 play + socials exclusive)
A second season of MasterChef?

From TV Tonight:

Meanwhile the axe has fallen on Making It Australia and Hughesy We Have a Problem

6 Likes

Finally!

1 Like

Mustn’t be returning sadly. Such a big show would have been pumped up you’d think.

Still don’t know why news, which would be the most cost-intensive product surely, just barely gets a mention. ABC, Seven and Nine all pump out more news bulletins every day than ever before – even SBS still puts out two bulletins each weeknight – and at a time when news is more important than ever, Ten is still locked in to the one early evening bulletin.

The Project is fine as a broader news/current affairs outlet, but for all its expense Ten News has potential but nothing is ever done about improving its reach.

3 Likes

Good riddance. It’s had enough time to gain an audience.

Looks like it will probably be a Foxtel exclusive? Probably not a bad idea if we’re getting two seasons of regular Gogglebox again since amy additional spinoffs usually drives viewer fatigue of the format in Australia.

TV Tonight said that it’s coming back, though no mention of that from Monaghan from what I could see.

Let’s hope these ones get renewed. The former two would be good for Thursday nights whilst the latter is a nice little show that could work on Wednesday nights (even though we will probably get triple Bull as always).

1 Like

Oops, I mentioned that one. Thanks

1 Like

Any return of those shows would surely depend on how the pandemic situation goes over the next few months?

Hopefully this one doesn’t go ahead - on either Ten or Foxtel. Already a format starting to get long in the tooth, a Celebrity version will probably be the beginning of the end.

No major surprise there.

After four years, this show had probably run its course. No doubt Dave will be hoping his spot on 2DayFM’s poor rating breakfast program isn’t next though!

There’s got to be more coming. Again not enough content. So disappointing that there is not anything scripted.

We know Secret She Keeps is coming next year but that will be probably 6 eps.

They still do not have enough to fill all 8:30 slots for 40 weeks at minimum.

Some of the stuff they have announced is a tad refreshing at least. And maybe something out of pilot week could be turned around next year.

Shame theres now schedule grid this time.

3 Likes

Of course they do. They are only showing 3 repeats of Bull a week. I am sure they are looking to extending that to 10 or more.

3 Likes

Lisa got the biggest bubble…let the conspiracy theories begin…