Network 10 2022

A drag performer dressing people is nothing like comedy shows from a company with over 30 years making huge commercial hits.

Exactly. I find it odd that people often (and rightly so) cry out for networks to be ‘brave’ and try out new shows/formats yet when a network decides to do just that (with a bunch of shows mind you), people complain about that happening. It’s a vicious circle that partly explains the state of Australian FTA TV in 2022.

Quite a number of the pilots announced today aren’t shows I would watch nor am interested in. However, it’s a great thing 10 are making the pilots available to see if one or several of the shows can gain enough traction to be picked up.

2 Likes

Exactly. I can’t stand the negativity. If it’s not for you then don’t watch! This is a great initiative and it seems like they have genuinely tried to get some new formats, faces and ideas to air which should be applauded. Will they all work or make it to series, probably not. But it’s certainly worth a try.

2 Likes

Actually think most of them sound alright.

I like that they’ve got some interview type formats, my only reservation would be Abbie fronting one of them - but good for her.

Nikki Osborne can be polarizing, comes across as very dry sometimes but happy to see they’re attempting a sketch comedy.

A good mix of representation there too, overall not bad.

Still think there’s a place for them to air on FTA, maybe on 10 Peach in a 9:00-9:30 slot.

Courtney Act might not have 30 years of this but she has had hits internationally doing similar things.

1 Like

Gosh, this made me Google and Courtney first came onto our screens 19 years ago.

Luke McGregor up first.

ABC Radio National breakfast host Patricia Karvelas will be first guest on Dinner Guest pilot.

1 Like

It sounded to me more like Anh Do’s Brush with Fame.

1 Like

Yeah I thought the same thing after i posted that.

Note the name change to Pilot Showcase, rather than week now it’s shifted to 10 play.

Promo:

2 Likes

Both Trial By Kyle and Kinne Tonight came from Pilot Week.

Both Dinner Guest and Courtney’s Closet sound interesting. Dinner Guest may be more ABC or SBS though

1 Like

Dinner Guest seems to be a 10 Production, Head of Lifestyle Programs and former Executive Producer of Studio 10 Tamara Simoneau is one of the EP’s and the format was the idea of Narelda herself.

4 Likes

From today’s mid year ratings report

But 2022 is far from over with Network 10’s second half schedule revealing an unrivalled line-up of brand new and returning Australian content.

Never before seen series Hunted Australia, Shaun Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod, Traitors Australia, The Real Love Boat Australia, The Challenge Australia and The First Inventors will premiere on 10, while The Masked Singer Australia, The Bachelors Australia, The Amazing Race Australia, 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival, Australian MotoGP, A-Leagues, Socceroos and Matildas matches will all make their highly anticipated return.

3 Likes

Dinner Guest and Time to Die sounds fascinating and could work out well to a full series. At least there’s some depth there. Fairly indifferent about the others (I mean, do we REALLY need another love show? Abbie hosting a chat show? No thanks).

1 Like

Should there be another thread for Pilot Showcase?

Anyway, here’s a promo for Time To Die

1 Like

Yes def start a new thread for pilot showcase!

Here’s a (promo) for Bush Blonde vs The World.

It’s a mix of scripted and unscripted stuff like Russell Coight meets Borat

2 Likes

That actually made me laugh, as I said I find Nikki polarizing sometimes but I’d give this a go. Not enough sketch comedy around.