Network 10 2019

I don’t that that is fair. I think the hype from this forum, particular members and ten itself suggested something big was a foot. And I am sorry I feel underwhelmed. And don’t get me wrong their is a lot of new Australian drama for next year and a raft of returning and new entertainment programs. However, I feel a little more content wise was needed. Ten had obvious holes throughout the year and I do believe they needed to address this. I would much rather they spend money on that than a new look.

2 Likes

1 Like

Bit underwhelmed - nothing is changing except the brand . Ten had the perfect opportunity to up their programming and really focus on market share and weak time slots. Unfortunately I don’t think much will change, and even more disappointing, I loved Shark Tank!

1 Like

You’ve taken the ‘Spy’ thing way too seriously

2 Likes

Logos have been updated on Freeview Plus:

3 Likes

Looks great so far! Watermark is a bit underwhelming but not sure what they could do to make it look better. Maybe just a bit bigger?

That Boss PRG capped earlier. Wow, what a great design. Unobtrusive and simple. Perfect.

No changes to Ten Central EPG names yet.

6 Likes

From what I’ve seen it’s the same PRG across 10/Boss/Peach.

Nor in Sydney.

1 Like

The best thing I have heard about content is the fact Judge Judy will be on air more. Never understood why Ten didn’t utilize that more on other channels.

2 Likes

Important to remember that the Upfronts are not the be all and end all for the new 10, this is just the start.

While I was also hoping for more new announcements, what they’ve managed to pull off to date is pretty impressive.

Do I love Boss and Peach? Not really, feels rushed and kind’ve weak like they’ve just copied the competition. Do I like the new Ten News First? I’m yet to be convinced and I think bigger changes were needed than just the name.

But for all the same reasons that @Kubi mentioned above I’m staying optimistic that this is a turning point for the network and it’s up from here.

Hopefully more is on the horizon, which is most definitely not blue :grimacing:

4 Likes

I was not trying to spy. I was there, he was there. Pure and simple. :wink:

It did! I am not kidding. :wink:

any mention of Sports Tonight?

30 mins left for the old logo on NEW-10 Perth.

1 Like

I hope not.

A second season of Playing for Keeps hasn’t been announced has it? Despite it featuring as part of the presentation this evening?

I am impressed with the new look and the way it has been deployed. To me it says a lot about Ten and takes it back to the whole entertainment network identity. The schedule is jam packed full of entertaining options and Australian content - exactly what was needed. Four new scripted dramas is just brilliant, along with the variety, light entertainment and reality competition programs. The lifestyle options seem to fit well and what they’ve presented is a vast improvement on previous years. They’re capitalising on their strengths more.

They’ll need to support it with an extensive marketing campaign to get new shows off the ground and viewers back - especially given Seven and Nine have all the summer sport. I am sure plans for that are well advanced.

Did they can Shark Tank?! :frowning:

I should hope not given Pointless and The Sunday Project appear to be returning despite their abysmal performance.

At least for 2019, yes (according to Fairfax)

Loving the new branding so far, let’s hope their programming is just as good for next year.

1 Like

It does appear there was no announcement for Playing for keeps. Disappointing. Hopefully they will renew it once season has competed? It’s got a great cast and potential storylines.

It’s coming back I’m pretty sure.

1 Like