Network 10 2019

https://tenplay.com.au/corporate/videos/extra/season-2018/why-10

I think that image has been posted 3-5 times already.

4 Likes

So is everyone disappointed because we already knew everything and we over hyped it?

Reading the press releases, yes there is alot returning, but 13 new shows are coming, as is a streaming service and a podcast service, new look, new brand. A bit of a corporate refocus as well.

There is alot there, to be fair. They have a strategy, and better direction in terms of what they’re chasing.

5 Likes

Must’ve been deleted? Shows content not available.

4 Likes

Must be time geoblocked, not showing in QLD.

Definetly over hyped in my opinion, a nice fresh package of the main channel, but the other stuff has been a dissapointment (e.g the channel renames for the multi channel) no new content (not really wasn’t expected) and more of the same for Ten in 2019. News service graphic updates are not exactly steller in my opinion. Hey they gave it a shot, my opinion CBS is trying to make it way too American, and it’s going to to do more damage then any good. (I could be proven wrong though) :slight_smile:

1 Like

10 Boss looks very modern. One’s logo was used since the days of a 24/7 sports channel

6 Likes

I agree. Boss looks good.
Maybe Peach just needs to grow on me but it’s not to my liking right now.

2 Likes

I still reckon the Rugby World Cup rights are still be nutted out. The World Cup is covered by the anti-siphoning laws. Which is quite unlikely being only on Fox Sports.

2 Likes

Apparently there is a party at the ICC.

I was only at the ICC to attend the AustralianSuper members briefing and stuff my face with free food. True story.:joy:

7 Likes

10 Boss is a decent name for a male-skewed channel works but 10 Peach sounds more like a female-styled channel…

1 Like

So Neighbours is staying on 10 Peach and no breakfast show on 10.

No Lisa Wilkinson hosting 10 This Morning

2 Likes

They didn’t even mention Socceroos and UFC in that tweet about what sport is to come in 2019.

2 Likes

Yep. Nothing changing. People in this forum just like posting crap sometimes.

I feel like we were all being unrealistic with out expectations.

12 months ago, the Network 10 were in a perilous state. Ownership uncertain and on the verge of being picked up by NewsCorpse which would have undoubtedly led to things being stripped bare.

No doubt the re-branding would have cost a fortune. Nine about 10 years ago spent something in the order of $100 million. We also have the new in house sales team.

On top of this we have 13 ‘new’ programs coming to air in 2019, and the launch of a subscription streaming service, and podcast platform.

None of this comes cheap, even if we don’t immediately see the impacts of some of the change. Particularly when it comes to what we see on air.

Am I disappointed we didn’t see some key changes in areas? Absolutely.

In saying that, this is all a step in the right direction.

15 Likes

If you’re going to relaunch (okay, sorry, rebrand) the secondary channels, perhaps a fresh look or adding new shows might’ve been nice to see.

But it seems they’ve just given into the programs that rate (both total people numbers and/or shares) and highlighting those: NCIS, Neighbours, Everybody Loves Raymond (YAWN!), Sex and the City, Walker Texas Ranger, etc.

With the heavy presence of NCIS, could it be suggested that Ten are looking at expanding / increasing the amount of episodes, like stripping it across most of the week like TBBT and Seinfeld? Why not, Ten Boss’ shares would be high and consistent and there’s like 16 years with 20 episodes each!

Also I saw Snake Eyes movie in one promo (Disney previously Seven) so looks like movies will be continuing, hopefully MUCH more :wink: to match Seven and Nine’s output and I also saw True Lies movie in a promo (20C Fox I thought Ten’s output got, Schwarzenegger style “terminated”?)

1 Like

Just walked past Waleed Aly waiting outside the ICC going to the 10 party. No suit, just tshirt and jeans. I think. No, I am not drunk.

9 Likes

Agree on these points.

7 Likes