Network 10 2019

So this is all going to be shown in the non rating season (bar 2 weeks over xmas) ?

At first I thought they were just filling out the slide (they’ve missed including Pointless which was mentioned in their press release) but perhaps they could be? It would definitely show some commitment to improving their news service if they didn’t take their usual Xmas break.

1 Like

Didn’t they say December to April?

January to April.

1 Like

Time for OzTam to switch to year long ratings periods.

2 Likes

McGarvey told The Australian: “From Christmas to the end of April when MasterChef starts, we will have five big shows:" Did she actually mean “after the New Year” rather than “from Christmas”?

Julia and Chris’ schtick on I’m a Celeb is quite polarising. Viewers who aren’t a fan of their routine may be turned off by their appearance on multiple shows.

GD: Hey boss, we don’t have a current wordmark for The Project.
Boss: Just use the old one, no one will notice.
GD: Isn’t it like 3 years old?
Boss: Ssshhh fam… Don’t worry.

5 Likes

I noticed at the very end of that video Ten is still directing advertising sales to MCN at the moment.

The button logo is looking worse and worse. Bite the bullet and adopt the numerical Ten already :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I’m really hoping for all upper-case TEN

3 Likes

Been there; done that. The 80s are over.

It’s the same everywhere. The handover doesn’t happen until January so still 4+ months or so work for MCN before Ten’s new sales team takes over.

I seem to recall “10” in the 80’s too (and 70’s). The current logo since early 90’s. So what’s your suggestion other than the status quo?

I also think upper-case TEN fits in nicely with the All Access platform

3 Likes

Maybe they could adopt the CBS Eye with TEN in upper-case next to it as per that screenshot?

4 Likes

What would you rather? Wallpaper? They have shown they are a ratings success. They fit the TEN brand. What more do you want?

1 Like

True. Interesting thought. Funny that what used to seem, to me, unthinkable AND impractical - a “:eye: TEN” - can now seem quite a possibility. However, it would seem to be quite a confused brand that doesn’t know what it is from the get go. Is it :eye: or is it TEN? It seems odd to me to be both.

“TEN” is definitely more punchy and bold than “ten” - simply by virtue of being upper case. A stronger, more confident brand? Time to retire “ten”?

Of course, the wildcard option could be just TEN. Yes, just that. Seriously.

I don’t think a numerical 10 is all that exciting.

Are we looking at the new Ten? (and an unlikely ‘Ten News’)

42%20pm

6 Likes

The numerical “10” they have been using looks good.