Network 10 2019

Oh the one posted above? ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I understand it… TEN will only have 2 weeks off over Christmas / New Year.

1 Like

Were they all summer? I thought BiP was 1st qtr and takeaway was later in the year…

Well, looking at the advertising on mediaweek from killy06 above, summer…and I understand summer to be December January and February

Maybe Ten/10 CBS have worked out how to stretch summer to April!..:thinking::roll_eyes::no_mouth:

I must be missing something on the mediaweek website…i dont see anything…

todays mediaweek email…assuming I can include a screen shot of it, its publicly available

1 Like

Is local news going right through though, or is that still up in the air?

Will they lose any momentum during this time? They’ll be up against wall to wall sport and no one will watch them.

1 Like

remember, not everyone watches sport. Not many, but a few.

There won’t be a two week shutdown… but there will be a couple of network bulletins.

1 Like

Indeed… sport became a kind of default over summer in Australia because for a long time there was nothing to watch.

In fact, Foxtel used to/still does better over summer because they do offer other things.

If Ten puts up good programming you might find the audience will come.

Who’d have thought it?

Whether Ten’s offering is worth watching is another debate :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks… Great to hear.
Obviously the Christmas Day bulletin will be national which makes sense.

Also, a lot of blue and yellow used… :thinking:

So probably just the holidays then. Christmas Day, Boxing Day & NY Day.

NY will be local.
31st is a Monday.

2 Likes

The new names sound ridiculous but I suppose they are attention seeking and will spark some curiosity.

Oct 31 cant come quick enough!

1 Like

I would say the following days would be national, including Christmas Eve. Doesn’t make sense opening all 5 newsrooms for 1 day.

Dec 22nd Saturday
Dec 23rd Sunday
Dec 24th Monday
Dec 25th Tuesday - Christmas Day
Dec 26th Wednesday - Boxing Day

Dec 27th - Return local bulletins.

2 Likes

yes.

2 Likes

Looking at the ratings more people are watching something else or doing something else than watching sport on television over Summer.

3 Likes