Netflix

“Wednesday” as in Wednesday Adams", coming to Netflix.

Posting this as a thought starter only - came up in my twitter feed as it had a mountain of RTs/QTs/likes.

Is Netflix’s former biggest weapon now becoming their kryptonite vs Disney etc. Keen to hear what people think.

2 Likes

First of all, how is it dead? It’s still No1 on the Netflix top shows list.

1 Like

I think they mean in terms of online engagement/discussion that it’s going to fade (or at least they think it will) over the coming couple of weeks. Proof will be in the pudding.

3 Likes

Wasn’t this the reason they did something different last time? If you strip the episodes weekly you can dominate the cycle for 9 weeks instead of 1. (for example)

They did it so the people who signed up for trial or signed back up had to pay another month or keep their subscription for the 2nd part.

Knowing what has happened in the first seven episodes has been amazing. Being able to view it in quick succession has allowed a myriad of fan theories to be developed to a tee.

However, they are very long episodes. It’s awesome that we’ve gotten them, but I’d imagine few people have had the time to sit down for nine hours. Though if they don’t binge it immediately, they would run the risk of it being spoiled.

Saying that it’s “dead” is far from the truth (currently). Theories and clips from the season are still inundating social media (or maybe it’s just my feed) :eyes:

I haven’t seen a trend this strong for a long time on the ‘Tok.

1 Like

Jacob Blunden is stuck in the 90s like Disney and all those other streaming services.

Thankfully a sensible person has replied and got a heap of likes.

3 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

Not sure I entirely agree that steaming services are stuck in the 90s :upside_down_face:

But…I do wonder what the business model for ‘binge’ watching is and whether it can be sustainable.

The amount of churn from Netflix etc on monthly packages is enormous.

2 Likes

They need to turn that around and they’ve only just realised that they need to extend the time subscribers stay on. If other streaming services are having more success by drop feeding episodes, then Netflix will follow. There’s no going back.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s pretty much how I feel too.

1 Like

Ranveer vs Wild with Bear Grylls premieres on Netflix internationally on July 8.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Has anyone started God’s Favorite Idiot yet?

I’ve just watched the first two episodes. I’m very disappointed. It’s very unfunny and boring. Nothing has really happened in the two episodes.

1 Like

Melissa McCarthy’s husband will keep getting work though