Netflix

The final 12 episodes of the series will stream from April 29.

2 Likes

thats not good news. be interesting to see how many Disney Plus has gained, being cheaper

Netflix is rolling out a new ‘Category Hub’ globally to offer users more personalized content recommendations.

This updated hub will be available starting April 21st in the left-hand menu on both adult and kids’ profiles. Here, you’ll see ‘Top 3’ categories based on what you normally watch. Curated collections centred around occasions like Earth Day will also be shown here.

We believe the streaming war will be won by the streaming service that offers consumers 360-degree content choices similar to the linear TV bundle. By implication, the historical content conglomerates that own live sports rights and breaking news assets are best positioned to win the streaming wars.

1 Like

Netflix’s version of The Circle - Season 4 premieres Wednesday 4 May

Redfern Now, available on Netflix.

1 Like

1 Like

I cancelled Netflix . I’m not unhappy with the content , just too many other choices out there and not enough time in the day. Youtube Premium is a little cheaper and offers 4k content and endless content. I’ve signed up to the family plan for that at $22.99 i think and the other person is paying half.

I will come back in the next 10 months or so to Netflix . I assume your lists of shows etc stay put for a year .

I wasn’t watching Netflix for 7months and have been giving them money at the new increased rate and $118 gone i think from memory . It doesn’t seem to be as bad having Apple TV plus and not using it much because it is only $6 something a month same with Disney being only $10. It all starts adding up though.

Really need to ditch what I am not using .The shows usually will stay put if owned by the service. Big Bang Theory is everywhere though lol. There is actually quite a lot of free content that is decent on SBS on Demand, 7Plus , 9Now and Iview . 10Play to me seems like I can’t think of anything worth watching on there .

Not so much of a TV_Addict at the moment lol.

1 Like

The smart money is on signing up to one streaming service, watching everything you want to watch and then moving onto the next one. Rinse and repeat. :wink:

5 Likes
1 Like

it seems as though Netflix is starting to revaluate its high content spend . this will be the 3 or 4th animated show Netflix has axed before it even aired

4 Likes

Try VPNing YouTube premium it’s amazing the price difference.
Unrelated, Argentina is lovely this time of year.

4 Likes

I did that but only with Britbox and Paramount +

…

Netflix seemed to start cancelling too many shows a couple of years back.Put me off watching things as they started a pattern of cancelling vs other services. Perhaps given the amount of content put out ,the cancellations arent that high…feels like it is though.

Flooding the service with ridiculous amounts of any content then jacking up the price was not the best idea i think.

1 Like

In my opinion, Netflix need to stop greenlighting everything pitched to them by someone with a pulse and get a bit more selective with what they’re commissioning. Most of their originals are pretty bad and either way they get cancelled very quickly. People are starting to notice that. Makes it harder to want to watch any of them.
Netflix chose quantity at excessive costs and a watered down brand. It’s starting to backfire. They’ve gotta start changing it up.

3 Likes

I agree with TV_Addict that Netflix cancelled too many shows a couple of years back. As a streaming service, Netflix (and Amazon/Peacock/HBO Max for that matter) shouldn’t be concerned with how many people watch an episode of a particular show each week. Let each show run its natural course.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Netflix got into the habit of just throwing shit at a wall and hoping it stuck because they trained their customers to expect new content virtually daily and by new content I mean entirely new shows. When the new shows are shit, then people tune out and unsubscribe.

Disney+ seems to have it right, even if it’s over saturated with more Star Wars spin-offs than any human could reasonably want.

5 Likes

According to Variety, the online streaming giant has been hit with a lawsuit by its shareholders who claim that Netflix misled them about the extent of its recent subscriber losses.

The lawsuit, filed on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, in a federal district court in San Francisco, alleges that Netflix violated U.S. security laws by making “materially false and/or misleading statements” to its shareholders. It’s also claimed that Netflix “failed to disclose material adverse facts about the company’s business, operations and prospects.”

1 Like

Cobra Kai Season 5 premieres September 9.

2 Likes