Netflix

Netflix has renewed The Crown for third and fourth seasons. The Hollywood Reporter says that Princess Diana will be introduced toward the end of the third season, and will be featured heavily in the fourth and as-yet-unofficial fifth seasons.

1 Like

Netflix has renewed Fuller House for a fourth season.

1 Like

@OnAir granted leave from modding to celebrate

4 Likes

Check out this innovative bus shelter ad in West Hollywood for Altered Carbon that starts on Netflix today.

2 Likes

Neil Patrick Harris, who plays Count Olaf on A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix, has confirmed the show will finish with the third season next year.

Available now

1 Like

You can’t fast forward high school. Head back to 1996 with Everything Sucks!, launching February 16, only on Netflix.

I have found a workaround to the annoying feature where Netflix generally will not allow you to watch the credits of any movie/program in full. I watch Netflix via the Fetch box, so I found that if I open Netflix on Fetch then play Netflix on my phone and cast it to the Fetch the program will play the credits in full and I can also use the Fetch remote to control pause and rewind etc. My friend and myself like to watch the credits of movies.

Sounds exciting. Just the credits or the movies too?

4 Likes

The entire movie, then the credits. :smiley:

2 Likes

Crime drama OCTB has become the first Cantonese-language program and the first program produced in Hong Kong to be made available on Netflix, with all 30 episodes of the first season released on February 5. OCTB (which stands for Organized Crime and Triad Bureau, an actual department of Hong Kong Police) is based in 1980s. Synopsis on Netflix website says: “An undercover detective crosses paths with familiar faces in the mafia underworld during the final years of Britain’s ruling of Hong Kong.” OCTB was initially screened on YouTube worldwide from September to October 2017 before it was pulled. According to OCTB director Jones Chong, Netflix will make contribution to season 2 with Hollywood personnel involved in filming and post-production.

Not the first time Netflix had done this. They have made a Danish crime series.

Are you referring to The Rain or The Killing? They are both commissioned by Netflix. OCTB is made by an independent production company before Netflix bought the rights.

Well that’s not unique either because other international productions have been picked up by Netflix that way too.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Producer Ryan Murphy, best known for Glee and American Horror Story, has signed a five-year deal with Netflix worth up to US$300 million. The contract starts on July 1 when Murphy’s current deal with 20th Century Fox expires. Under the deal, Murphy and his Ryan Murphy Productions will produce new series and films exclusively at Netflix.

1 Like