Netflix

The Originals season three has made its Australian debut today.

About time, considering season four just finished in the states.

1 Like

Fuller House Returns Friday 22 September (USA time)

• Fuller House Season 3 launches on Friday, Sept 22 on Netflix
  • Sept 22, 2017 is the 30th anniversary of the original FULL HOUSE airing (Full House episode one aired September 22, 1987)
  • Season 3 of Fuller House on Netflix is broken into two parts. First 9 episodes will launch on Friday, September 22. The second 9 episodes will air sometime in December (date tbc)
2 Likes

Another Aussie original series.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/screentime-to-produce-pine-gap-for-netflix.html

Sense 8 is back

The only way is up.

2 Likes

and soon they will wonder why everyone has gone back to piracyā€¦

3 Likes

Taking the 10 percent gst out of it my HD plan went up 80cents.

Still very cheap and much more convenient than torrenting. Would take a lot to get me back on Pirate Bay.

2 Likes

Netflix:

New Season of BoJack Horseman Launches 8 September 2017

US time

###UMBRELLA ACADEMY GRAPHIC NOVELS COME TO NETFLIX IN NEW LIVE ACTION SERIES

New 10-episodes series from Universal Cable Productions and Dark Horse Entertainment

Netflix will bring the ten-episode series The Umbrella Academy to members worldwide in 2018.

Based on the popular, Eisner award-winning comics and graphic novels created and written by Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) and illustrated by Gabriel BĆ”, The Umbrella Academy is a live action series that follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) ā€“ The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The SĆ©ance, Number Five, The Horror, and The White Violin ā€“ as they work together to solve their fatherā€™s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities. Published by Dark Horse Comics, the comic series garnered much praise from fans and critics alike for its alternate and twisted take on the superhero genre.

ā€œI am thrilled that The Umbrella Academy has found a home at Netflix. I couldnā€™t think of a better place for the vision Gabriel BĆ” and myself had when creating the comic, and cannot wait for people to experience that world as a live action show,ā€ said Gerard Way.

ā€œWhat drew us to The Umbrella Academy is that itā€™s wholly unique, visual and stylized,ā€ said Cindy Holland, Vice President, Original Content for Netflix. ā€œThese arenā€™t the usual superheroes, and this series will embrace the singular tone of the graphic novels ā€“ dark yet humorous, supernatural yet grounded in reality. Weā€™re excited to see this world and introduce these unforgettable heroes to Netflix members around the globe.ā€

ā€œItā€™s a thrill to be producing this wonderful show for Netflix,ā€ said Jeff Wachtel, Chief Content Officer, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, and President, Universal Cable Productions. ā€œItā€™s been a passion project for the UCP development crew and we canā€™t wait to bring it to life.ā€

The Umbrella Academy will be produced by Universal Cable Productions. Steve Blackman (Fargo, Altered Carbon) will serve as executive producer and showrunner, with additional executive producers Bluegrass Television and Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg from Dark Horse Entertainment. Gerard Way will serve as co-executive producer. The pilot script was adapted from the comic book series by Jeremy Slater (The Exorcist).

The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday that the Federal Government had launched an audit of Netflixā€™s self-regulated classification system. It could mean programs face tough age restrictions, and shows with controversial themes like 13 Reasons Why slapped with trigger warnings if lobby groups get their way.
Does Netflix has parental passwords or controls which restrict kids from watching certain shows and movies?

1 Like

You donā€™t have Netflix?

Yes they are controls. Itā€™s the usual rubbish with parents not using the controls and blaming everyone else.

3 Likes

I finally watched Orange is the new Black after 5 years. I am always reluctant to start a new show and am always afraid of getting hooked. I am quite impatient and often hate waiting for the next season to begin which often leads to me forgetting what happened in the previous seasons (hence why I have rewatched Game of Thrones and Walking Dead many times). I have to admit with OITNB I found the first episode hard to warm to but after the first season I was completely hooked. I think the last two seasons have been some of the best. I am unsure how they are going to keep it going though, can the show survive without Pipper? I guess it could but I find it hard how they keep it going considering thatā€™s how the show began.

1 Like

Video

Audrey Fleurot, Emmett J Scanlan & Marc Warren join Michael C. Hall and Amanda Abbington in Harlan Cobenā€™s ā€˜SAFEā€™ written by Danny Brocklehurst

RED Production Company called ā€œactionā€ as filming commenced in Manchester on original new television drama, SAFE. The 8 x 60ā€™ series has been ordered by CANAL+ Group and Netflix and will run on free-to-air channel C8 (CANAL+ Group) in France and Netflix globally outside of France in 2018. The eight-part series is created by bestselling writer Harlan Coben and written by BAFTA and Emmy Award winning writer Danny Brocklehurst (Ordinary Lies, The Driver, Shameless).

Multi-award-winning Michael C Hall (Dexter, Six Feet Under) is playing Tom, a paediatric surgeon and single father of two teenage daughters who is struggling to deal with the loss of his wife from cancer more than two years previously. Living and raising his children in a beautiful gated community surrounded by close friends, Tom finds himself on a journey that transforms everyone he knows. How far will you go to protect your family? Itā€™s a question often asked, but Tom will now live it.

Amanda Abbington (Sherlock, Crooked House) joins Hall and is playing Sophie - a formidable detective sergeant. Intelligent, dynamic, perceptive and smart, Sophie lives in the same gated community as Tom and like him, is raising two kids single-handedly. Sophie knows you canā€™t trust anybody and we glimpse that she is burdened with secrets of her own.

Amanda said: ā€œThe collaboration of Harlan Coben, Danny Brocklehurst and RED Productions is what drew me to this role. Itā€™s a fantastic project and Iā€™m thrilled to be working with Michael C Hall and the rest of the talented cast. Itā€™s a great story and I hope people will love itā€

Sophie is separated from her husband Josh who is played by Emmett J Scanlan (The Fall, Hollyoaks). Josh is desperately clinging onto his youth - going to gigs, partying all night and generally letting his family down at every opportunity. He does all this in plain sight, choosing as he does, to live in a battered old caravan on his estranged wife Sophieā€™s, driveway.

Emmett said ā€œTo get to tell stories like this one, and to be surrounded by such talented people, it almost feels like Iā€™ve gate-crashed a partyā€¦ luck of the Irish it would seemā€¦ā€

Best-known for her roles as Lady of the lake in Kaamelott and JosĆ©phine Karlsson in Spiral, Audrey Fleurot stars as Zoe, a teacher living in a quintessentially English suburb with her husband of twenty years. She may appear to be the model innocence but when Neilā€™s back is turned we catch glimpses of an altogether darker and more inscrutable woman. What is Zoe hiding?

Audrey said: ā€œIā€™m a huge fan of Harlanā€™s work and itā€™s an honour for me to work with him in an English show of this level. I canā€™t wait to see the result!ā€

Marc Warren (Hustle, Snatch, Mad Dogs) will star as Pete - Tomā€™s best friend and sidekick. They served in the army together, they work in the hospital together and heā€™s pretty much a second father to Tomā€™s daughters. As we follow Peteā€™s story weā€™ll start to realise heā€™s hiding a secret he canā€™t even share with Tom. Marc added ā€œA

Harlan Coben storyline and getting to work with Michael C Hall makes me very happy to be working with RED Production Company on Safeā€.

Adding to the stellar line-up are Nigel Lindsay (Victoria, Four Lions) and Laila Rouass (Holby, Stella, Footballers Wives) who play happily married couple, JoJo and Lauren Marshall. They have a rock-solid marriage, a beautiful daughter and a fairy-tale lifestyle. However, as their family become embroiled in a crime, their perfect little world explodes in ways they could never imagine.

Nigel commented: ā€œItā€™s a good sign when you read the first three episodes of a script and youā€™re desperate to know what happens next. I read Safe and was hooked. Iā€™m a big fan of Harlan Coben and Michael C Hall and am really looking forward to getting stuck inā€. Laila added ā€œIā€™ve been a fan of Harlanā€™s work for a long time and I am hugely excited to be a part of this project and to be filming in Manchester."

Safe is executive produced by Michael C Hall, Nicola Shindler, Harlan Coben, Danny Brocklehurst and REDā€™s Head of Development, Richard Fee. The series is produced by RED Production Company (a STUDIOCANAL company), the multi-award-winning producers behind Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax.

Arrested Development S5 is a murder mystery.

http://nerdist.com/arrested-development-season-5-will-be-a-murder-mystery/

Trailer for Defenders

Iron Fist renewed for 2nd season.

1 Like

Stranger Things Season 2 trailer